Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
1,185 Posts
I purchased one a few weeks back and have it set up. This is my first time using a camera that doesnt require a card that has to be checked. I'm really pleased with it so far. Picture quality is great, battery life is still showing 100% after 3 weeks and about 150 pics taken. The signal shows "weak" but still captures plenty of pictures (and i'm in a pretty remote area with bad wireless service). The app on my phone is easy to use and straight forward. Overall very happy with it but again ive only been using it for about 3 weeks now.

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased one a few weeks back and have it set up. This is my first time using a camera that doesnt require a card that has to be checked. I'm really pleased with it so far. Picture quality is great, battery life is still showing 100% after 3 weeks and about 150 pics taken. The signal shows "weak" but still captures plenty of pictures (and i'm in a pretty remote area with bad wireless service). The app on my phone is easy to use and straight forward. Overall very happy with it but again ive only been using it for about 3 weeks now.
Thanks
i may try one , i already have a spartan

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Been a tactacam fan since they came out. Bought 4 of the moultrie edge about 2 months ago and other than more expensive per month they seem to have better quality pics. Although I think if I add a few more and bundle the subscriptions it may be just as cheep. Right now I like them better than the tactacams.

· Registered
1,695 Posts
I’m running 4 of them and have been for a few months. I am very pleased so far. No SD card is 1 less thing to go wrong, and the any network is very nice.

My brother has some running that no other cell cameras have worked (Verizon or AT&T) and the Edge is working

· Auburn Grad - 1999
3,619 Posts
I’ve been running 2 of them for a couple weeks. I got a 2 pack on sale at Academy. I’m doing the $10/1000 pic plan. So far they seem to be working really good. I have a couple Spartan cams that I like better though. Pics are a good bit better and for around $10/month I’ve got unlimited pics. The Spartan batt life seems likes its going to be better also. I think Auburn17 has a couple his on solar. May invest in that at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first one did a firmware update and crapped out , they sent me a new one on thursday , i ups'd the bad one back tues am , The new one is working good so i'll take it to camp Monday morning.

· Super Moderator
34,149 Posts
Ya'll SUCK!!!!! I got 2 of my 3 regular game cams that take pics when they want to (usually when I check em and when I leave)!!!! So ole lady was like you need better cams!!! I was dead set against not getting anymore because it kinda takes the fun outta going to the stand, more aggravation when you see pics of nice bucks but NEVER see em during the days you hunt!!!!! BUT I may have to just get one or 2 of these now!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!! fer nothing!!!!! hahaha

Reactions: DLo

· Super Moderator
34,149 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
with the edge you use their network (they have 3 plans)and the camera picks up on the strongest signal , att, verizon , etc. in a few days i will put the camera in our weakest cell area and give it a try

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Jason I've been a big tactacam fan since they came out and still am but the moultrie edge is my favorite right now. No SD card and it picks the strongest signal. On sale at dicks and academy for $149 for 2 pack.

· Super Moderator
34,149 Posts
Jason I've been a big tactacam fan since they came out and still am but the moultrie edge is my favorite right now. No SD card and it picks the strongest signal. On sale at dicks and academy for $149 for 2 pack.
So you don't have to choose a provider? Never had one of these fancy dancy cameras like this and am just worried that they aint gonna work at my place with either provider....

· Registered
1,185 Posts
So you don't have to choose a provider? Never had one of these fancy dancy cameras like this and am just worried that they aint gonna work at my place with either provider....
Exactly. I havent had a camera in several years but when this came out and it works on whichever signal is strongest, i decided to take a chance. Been pleased so far

· Super Moderator
34,149 Posts
I wonder why on Amazon (the link I put earlier) it is more expensive fer one carrier and not the other. I guess you just buy the cheaper one ifin it connects to which ever???? At academy now and they must be sold out...

· Super Moderator
34,149 Posts
Correction....I just found 2 on an endcap, only 1 set left now....we'll post a review unless the ole lady makes me box em up fer a CHRISTmas present....hahaha

1 - 20 of 36 Posts