Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
That's pretty neat. How do you steer it?? Wouldn't it have to have FL numbers or no?

EDIT: looks like in the first picture it's stick steer?

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty neat. How do you steer it?? Wouldn't it have to have FL numbers or no?

EDIT: looks like in the first picture it's stick steer?
Yes, you do need Numbers on it. My friend took his off cause he is selling it. You can steer with your knees or hand if not fishing. I have used this thing in East Bay with some underwater LED's in the front midlle and back on the bottom and fished the docks all night having a blast. Almost no noise and with the lights I had a gig mounted on the side and would shank a few flounder while cruzing along. On clear water nights, those lights light up a 20' circle.

·
Registered
905 Posts
TURTLE, Tell your friend it looks like he took good care of it.. May I ask do The C/G or Fish an game check these smaller vessels for the elect motors an write em up or something? AN no I dont know much about yaks or Boats... Thanks ole carver

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need more info

How long is it? Is it ocean or bay worthy? What does it come with? I am moving to a beach home on Navarre Beach and will be there through March. I will be fishing everday and looking for a good Kayak.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How long is it? Is it ocean or bay worthy? What does it come with? I am moving to a beach home on Navarre Beach and will be there through March. I will be fishing everday and looking for a good Kayak.
13', and My buddy fished the Destin bridge in that current and chop so I'm thinking you can fish about anywhere.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TURTLE, Tell your friend it looks like he took good care of it.. May I ask do The C/G or Fish an game check these smaller vessels for the elect motors an write em up or something? AN no I dont know much about yaks or Boats... Thanks ole carver
They do in Destin. He had no numbers on it the first few times he fished the bridge and one time a CG vessel approched him and asked " Are you anchored?" " No" Then how the Hell are you not getting swept out to sea?" "I got a trolling motor in here" " Son, you gotta have that there thing registered if'n it's got a motor" " Yes Sir". Something like that.:)

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
haha when we first clicked on it it only partially loaded the pic all I could see was the jet ski.... was kinda confused

looks like a neat yak good luck with the sale

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Yes, you do need Numbers on it. My friend took his off cause he is selling it. You can steer with your knees or hand if not fishing. I have used this thing in East Bay with some underwater LED's in the front midlle and back on the bottom and fished the docks all night having a blast. Almost no noise and with the lights I had a gig mounted on the side and would shank a few flounder while cruzing along. On clear water nights, those lights light up a 20' circle.
Don't understand why he took the numbers off, registration would stay with "boat" and numbers transfer.. As far as I know...

·
Super Moderator
28,803 Posts
Don't understand why he took the numbers off, registration would stay with "boat" and numbers transfer.. As far as I know...
U R correct as long as it was registered in FL.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
I got a ticket from the FWC for not having a life jacket 'on board my vessel'. I was thrown off by that seeing as how I was only 3o feet from shore, and 5 feet off a dock. I though it was kinda funny him calling my 8 ft kayak a 'vessel', but pissed that he wrote me a ticket. $75 ticket cost more than the $10 stupid life jacket.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does he have a title or statement of origin? If not, how does one register it?
Yes it has a title. I don't know why he took off the numbers, maybe he didn't know about the tranfer thing. The Ski is also for sale but I don't know how much. If interested I'll find out and get more info on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts