Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2001 Suzuki GSXR 600 that isn’t running. I bought it as a favor for someone that needed the money. Can someone recommend a good repair shop? They left it setting for a year; I got it running but would not idle. I’ve had it for a year and I want to get it tuned up and sold. Looked at Breezes profile, doesn’t seem like he is in the business any longer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,001 Posts
Where are you located? I wouldn't mind taking a look. Likely needs some serious injector service, unless it's a really early 2001 and has carbs.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Turn one is the place I would take it to. They even have a dyno in the shop. At least once a week they have a bike on it. On stewart street in milton

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you located? I wouldn't mind taking a look. Likely needs some serious injector service, unless it's a really early 2001 and has carbs.

I‘m in Crestview. It has only 5 k on it. I pulled the injectors and cleaned them, as well as cleaning the tank which wasn’t dirty. No codes... beyond my talent.

·
Registered
10,001 Posts
It will also have an idle air control valve, prone to sticking with non use. YouTube will be your friend on cleaning that. Also has a TPS and all the other fun fuel injected failure points.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
If you’re in the View I would recommend hauling it down to Coastal Powersports on Mary Esther cutoff in fwb. They’ll come get it too, for a fee. Those guys are really good. Turn One is really good too. Nothing in Crestucky, unfortunately, since Crestview Motorsports closed, and Hall’s will barely take in the stuff they sell.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the responses. I dropped it off at turn one yesterday.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Couldn’t get Hall’s to order a screw...

·
On a boat
928 Posts
Just FYI in the future I use a guy named Adam that is in Crestview for repairs, he picks up my bikes from my house in Pensacola. His number is (850)865-8407. He does great work, I use him for my bimmers and Honda.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the advice. John at Turn One fixed her right up. He go’s through the bike and gives you everything to fix with no pressure. Great team down there. He was a little surprised that the plug came from a fishing forum. Bike runs like new. It will be for sale soon. I’m to old and fat to ride a crotch rocket. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I hear them put bikes on the dyno almost every week. They stay busy and seem to be good folks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great guys!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts