Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trailering your boat what is the advantage of trimming a motor all the way up and placing the support bracket down verses trimming it up high enough with no support bracket?

· Registered
6,433 Posts
Actually that is incorrect. The stress's on the transom are still there. It takes the stress off the hyd rams from the tilt / trim.

FYI - If your motor is high enough to have the ground clearance under the skeg. There is less stress on the transom with the motor down. You eliminate that long fulcrum arm sticking out there.

That is the way I trailer my Flounder boat, but it has a jackplate on it and I run the motor all the way up on the jackplate.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. I have done it both ways with a older boat I owned years ago I normally left it down mainly because the tilt and trim was so slow. I have been trimming the motor all the way up with my current boat which add an extra step at the launch and at home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.