Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 60 hp Yamaha 2 stroke that has been running fine up until last fall. After a day of fishing and pulling the grandkids around on a tube it started bogging down when I throttled up. At idle it runs fine, above 2000 rpms it runs fine, drop under 2000 and she loads up and drops 800-1000 rpms before dying. Throttle forward from idle and it bogs down and shudders for several seconds before kicking in and running. Mechanic thought it was the impeller, replaced it and still have the problem. I run Sea Foam in every tank, I'm thinking this is a carb problem. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Sounds like the carb, low speed jet clogged. May take them out ,blow out and that be all it is ,I'd start with the fuel pump diapham and clean the carbs.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
It sure sounds like carbs,, you could try back flushing, but like <span id=ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl01_lblPostSignature>amarcafina said, pull them off and go through the carbs.. you could try ring free instead of sea foam, i think it works better.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mechanic called today and said she was done and running fine. We'll see when I pick it up tomorrow or the next day. If it is still not running right, my son and I will clean and rebuild all three carbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts