Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well picked up the new .17HMR today and wanted to shoot her bad. Magnum Research with machined receiver and Carbon Fiber barrel,well I shopped for a scope in the safe and thought a 3-12x56 Zeiss Divari would be kickass. Got it mounted on and shot 1 round, adjusted and put the next 8 in the same hole. I didnt know where I was hitting cause I didnt see any other bullet marks, walk down there and there was a ragged hole. Still shopping for another scope for her, with this scope it is a little much for it, a little over $2200 between scope and gun and thats a little much for a .17

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
i got that same scope on a kimber 7-08. that's a fine scope but you are right, a little much for a .17. is that gun a semi auto? :doh never mind i went back and re looked at the pics.

·
Super Moderator
20,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
off route II (3/10/2010)i got that same scope on a kimber 7-08. that's a fine scope but you are right, a little much for a .17. is that gun a semi auto?
Yeah Im waiting on rings and bases so I can put that scope on my Kimber .270wsm.

It is a semi auto, and there is a recall on them but there has not been any issues with the Magnum Research like the Remingtons and others, I talked to a Hornady rep today and he owns one and still shoots it and has no worries, he said he wouldnt trade it for nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Splittine (3/10/2010)
off route II (3/10/2010)i got that same scope on a kimber 7-08. that's a fine scope but you are right, a little much for a .17. is that gun a semi auto?
Yeah Im waiting on rings and bases so I can put that scope on my Kimber .270wsm.

It is a semi auto, and there is a recall on them but there has not been any issues with the Magnum Research like the Remingtons and others, I talked to a Hornady rep today and he owns one and still shoots it and has no worries, he said he wouldnt trade it for nothing.
looks like a fine little gun.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you're interested in a trade on the scope I have a 2 yr old Zeiss Conquest 3x9x50 plus cash. I'm looking to upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
20,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KLB1 (3/10/2010)If you're interested in a trade on the scope I have a 2 yr old Zeiss Conquest 3x9x50 plus cash. I'm looking to upgrade.
No thanks, those scopes run about $1500 and it wouldnt be worth it to me to sell/trade.

·
Super Moderator
20,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ScullsMcNasty (3/10/2010)+1 on the silencer.. i could use that sucker to drop a few pigs that i have fed up
Lets go...

The bad thing about a silencer is the bullet is going to fast to quiet it down. They look cool but not real practical on a .17hmr.

·
Super Moderator
29,551 Posts
Holy Hell!!!! That thing is fricken AWESOME!!! Dont, I repeat DON'T let me shoot it!!!!:moon On 2nd thought, bring it by next time you come up!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Gentlemen, We are now ready for our next mission.

Jason1

Jason2

SnaggedLine

Check Your PMs

Chase, 157,000 Rounds are on the first Delivery. 2nd Delivery should arrive before end of April, and PM Sent.

·
Super Moderator
29,551 Posts
Garbo (3/11/2010)Gentlemen, We are now ready for our next mission.

Jason1

Jason2

SnaggedLine

Check Your PMs

Chase, 157,000 Rounds are on the first Delivery. 2nd Delivery should arrive before end of April, and PM Sent.
Dern it Curtis.....Am I Jason 1 or 2 ???? I checked pm....You think we might need more??? I can hook us up on a few thousand more....:letsdrink

1 - 16 of 16 Posts