Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the help of the PFF to come up w/ a list of the top boat ramps in Santa Rosa County.

What I'm looking for is the ones that YOU use.

Why do I need this?

Well, I'm donating the labor (through Cub Scout Pack 400) to install Monofilament Recycling Tubes at the most popular boat ramps in Santa Rosa county.

Since we have a limited number of scouts, we are trying to hit the most heavily used ramps.

I have some idea, but there may be ones that I've missed.

Just wanting to make sure that if a ramp is used that there will be a place to deposit your used fishing line!

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
495 Posts
X3 on Carpenter's but, I also use the one in Bagdad and Archie Glover as well. Other than 17th in Pensacola they are the only ones I have ever used! Thanks to you and the scouts for trying to do your part to keep The Greatest Country in the World CLEAN!

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
You didn't say if you were just looking at public ramps or private but Jim's, Swamp House and the old Smith's Fish Camp are pretty popular. And don't overlook some of the fishing piers like the Simpson River pier. Then there are the ramps upriver like Sandy Landing and Quintette but they aren't as popular as the ones already listed.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the posts so far!

Remember though, these are supposed to be IN SANTA ROSA COUNTY. So, Navy Point and 17th street are out.

And yes, the Simpson River fishing pier IS on the list.

I'm just trying to maximize our limited resources - so, keep the posts coming!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Other than popularity I would be interested in best ramp for launching a large boat on triple axle trailer. For example, Bagdad one has to use gravel area since concrete ramp is too short. Gravel area drops off quick but need 4wd to get boat out. Nichols ramp is also fairly short with uneven slope which make haul out difficult since in some places tongue load tends to lift the rear of the truck up hence traction not the best. I have looked at Carpenters and ramp seems to be an even slope if it is long enough to get the boat down to the water. Attached are pictures of the boats in question. I have the bridge off the Stamas but haven't launchedit in this area. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all who provided input!!!

Looks like we have 11:

Shoreline South

Shoreline North

Oriole

Woodlawn

Carpenter's Park

Archie Glover

Garcon Point

Bagdad

Simpson River

Jim's Fish Camp

Navarre

We were looking for 10, so having to do 11 will be no problem...

Hopefully we'll be able to get these installed by the spring.

Please look for them, use them, and encourage others to use them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts