Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"More possible signs of the oil spill in the Gulf are being seen in Baldwin County. Reports of tar balls have been now confirmed on beaches off Fort Morgan Road in Gulf Shores

GULF SHORES, Ala. - More possible signs of the oil spill in the Gulf. Reports of tar balls have now been confirmed on beaches off Fort Morgan Road in Gulf Shores.According to the officials with the Unified Command Center in Mobile, the tar balls were collected off Fort Morgan Road and Mobile Street Sunday afternoon. They do not know at this time how many were collected, but say that information will become available after testing.That testing should also reveal if the tar balls are linked to the oil spill in the Gulf.

Crews working for BP could be seen picking up the material off the beach Sunday afternoon."

http://www.wkrg.com/gulf_oil_spill/article/more-tar-balls-confirmed-in-gulf-shores/889686/May-23-2010_7-38-pm/

·
Registered
126 Posts
This does not suprise me. I was comming in Sunday to Fort Morgan after fishing and saw a ship that was stopped about 5 miles out being washed down by a tug with a high pressure water cannon. There were four more ships in the distance that looked like they were waiting in line. The ship thatI got close to had a lot of oil on the hull so it would only make sense that when it gets blasted off that it would end up on the beach. I think the oil we are seeing so far is being transported by ship butI am sure that we will be seeing a lot more in the water soon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey Southbound, how far did you go out of Ft Morgan? Did you see any oil? Has ANYBODY around here seen th oil in person? I know there is a "banned area" but has anyone been to the edge of it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts