Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on the net this morning. It pretty much agrees with what I know from personal experience and info I have from a Dade county FWC officer.

The best fishing right now is in Palm Beach County canals connected to the Lake Ida system. His top spots in Broward County include the C-13 Canal, which runs west to Markham Park in Sunrise, the canal along State Road 84 and the C-14 Canal. In Miami-Dade County, Zaremba has caught snakeheads only in the canal along Krome Avenue.

BTW, my favorite Snakehead lures are buzzbaits and frogs with Frogs being best in real goopy canals. At my age, I don't make long exploratory trips anymore. Well, that along with financial reasons. My health is far better than my finances.

·
Super Moderator
28,614 Posts
Only problem with lake ida is the dip turds on the weekend that jet ski!!!! Those folks are idiots out there. When I took Logan, he was scared that I was gonna have to get bonded out one day on the lake!!!!! Gotta do a weekday trip but now that covid has crap locked down, they are probably there every day!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Captken, have you tried the Cajun frogs around the grass mats and lily pads down there? Those were my go to surface baits when we worked down south for 2 years. Soft body and the legs are made like the back of curly tail jigs and worms. I'd swim them across the open spots and hops them across lily pads and grass. Surprised me how many times fish blow up through those grass wads to get the frog when hopping it.

I caught bass, peacock bass and several huge oscars doing that.

One word of caution...seems that baby gators love frogs...and then scream for mama if they catch your frog...and when mama is called, she is seriously pissed.

Reactions: DLo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts