Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been fishing the same spot for two months strait now and we always get are slot reds and have fun bringing in the bull reds. We always go out to three mile at night usually three to four times a week. The fishing and the catching has been great. Bring yourself some gulp and go to the Gulf Breeze side of the bridge. I hope your luck is as good as ours.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Now this is something else....look at the size of these things...wow....I bet high tide and all help ya all a bit....very nice , very nice you guys....Thank you for the report.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Great report and photos, I guess I need to get the flashlight out. I've been fishing it during the day with the grandkid but have only been catching white trout.

Thanks again for the post.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Real nice lookin reds man:toast. OhBTW Ryan,welcome to the forum:moon.Ha,stung ya with that one!

·
Registered
42 Posts
AWESOME CATCH. I have been having luck at 3 mile too. I am catching them everywhere. Are you fishing the old bride rubble or a certain light? I heard that some guys were having luck gigging around the safety bumpers too. What's cool is that there's enough for everyone:letsdrink

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great catch guys.....thinking to myself I need to learn more about this Gulp bait. I have seen it in stores but I'm not sure what to buy or how to rig it. I like soft plastic baits but have been throwing mostly crank baits for reds,any suggestions or tips on the Gulp baits?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Danno,

I have had that problem of too many trout too. Using larger cut bait helps. Move spots if that doesn't work. Some guys had luck around the old bridge pilings today. Good luck!

David

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
ok guys look. I am the guy in the pics wearing yellow. This is what you need to do:Take some gulp, catch some trout, not big, but trout; trout that is just the right size to use it as bait. Wam! Redfish! So do that. And enjoy the fish. Because we enjoy it every other day on a weekly basis.

FISH AT NIGHT!!!!! Night is where it is at. Tell the wife, the girlfriend, the boyfriend, the whatever, you have things to do. You need to fish! Catch these big SOB's!!! This is the best advise i can give you!

Enjoy!:usaflag

·
Registered
848 Posts
Kenton, Diesel, You guys are having a blast!

Do you think the importance of going at night is due , in part to the tide moving better, these days, at night? Have you had good current flow? Out or In?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sweet fish! I have tried using trout as bait with no luck, but I'll keep working on it! Whole or cut up in your opinion?

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Im not sure to tell the truth. We have just always fished at night time. The schools of bait fish are def. moving better at night from what i have seen. The few times we have gone in the day, i have not seen any schools.

As far as fishing with trout: We hook them live, through the bottom lip. Right in the middle where the skin is toughest. Less chance of them wiggling off the hook. Circle hooks help with this as well. Use a 1-2 ounce weight, drop about 12-15ft down in 30ft water. And just wait. If you notice more reds on the surface then only drop it 5-7 ft. We have had 99% success with bull reds fishing this way. Even on nights when NOTHING is hitting. The trouts are fool proof!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts