Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is one of the billboards I mentioned a while back that EDF was placing over in Florida attacking Representative Steve Southerland.

Not only does EDF need to create phony front fishermen's associations such as the Charter Fisherman's Association, Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Shareholders Alliance, Cape Cod Hook and Line Fishermen's Association, etc. etc., to create one type of illusion, they are now they are resorting to creating fictitious charter websites to create another.

IS THERE NO END TO THEIR DECEPTION?

The domain name was registered 2 weeks ago - just in time for this year's election cycle.

On the billboard it states; "Paid for by Captain Jim's Charters, Inc..."

If you go to <A href="http://www.captainjimscharters.com/" target=_blank>http://www.captainjimscharters.com
of course there is no information on any charter fishing operation, just links to EDF's Ocean Champions website and another enviro website attacking Representative Southerland.

Registered through: Tyler Media Group
Domain Name: CAPTAINJIMSCHARTERS.COM
Created on: 27-Sep-12
Expires on: 27-Sep-13
Last Updated on: 27-Sep-12

Registrant:
Tyler Media Group
6808 Highway 2301
Panama City, Florida 32404
United States

Administrative Contact:
Tyler, Michael <A href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]
Tyler Media Group
6808 Highway 2301
Panama City, Florida 32404
United States
(850) 276-3746

Hey Mike Jennings, Shane Cantrell, Scott Hickman, Michael Miglini, Gary Jarvis, et al - I'm sure that you are very proud to be associated with such open and accountable tactics designed to influence our fisheries management.

Yes, PROUD indeed.

Not.

Attachments

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Hey, I'm Captain Jim!.... But, not that fraud! I'm another against the bait and switch sector separation crowd. They know they can't separate the fishery fairly, but they are hell bent on doing it anyway.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Congressman Southerland has been very supportive of recreational fisherman against catch shares. It is my hope that EDF is not successful in ther campaign against him.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems there is a pattern here; commercial IFQ shareholders masquerading as recreational captains to do the dirty work for their benefactor; The Environmental Defense Fund.

Don't understand the need for all of this deception and trickery - if EDF wants to implement catch shares in the recreational fishery, then stand up and be honest about it and present thier Plan as an EDF initiative in an open and honest manner. All of this funding of fake fishermen's associations to push your agenda for you is really a little too much (people are smarter than you give them credit for).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts