Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out last night from 7:00pm-1:00am. Red fish bite was awsome all night long! Ended up catching a total of 18Red fish between 2 of us. All fish were 30"-40".Sorry for no pics, but I forgot the camera in my truck. Tonight it's on again, and I will have good pics to post tommorow. AWSOME NIGHT again @ 3-Mile!!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Right on buddy! I was thinking of going last night but hung out with my girl instead. I think I may just have to head out there tonight!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is catching that many fish addictive or what? Can really get spoiled doing that. Pleasure to meet you and I'll see you out there tonight. Will be better tonite! Check your priv. messages.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had a few nights like that back in march and april. Did you try top water? Normally when its like that, even top water turns on. Gulf breeze or pcola side? Bait? Was it high or low tide?

Last week I was on the pcola side and we caught 2, one was actually in the slot 25inch, other one was 33. Both caught on pin fish. In march and april gulg was killing them, not having as much luck with the gulp now though. Live pin or ly seem to be almost magical.

I am the guy in a lil carolina skiff, out there at least a night a week if the bay is calm enough.Maybe I will hear reels screaming on my next trip. Gotta love being whipped after a night of fight after fight :clap

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what the tide was doing to be honest with you,we just had some time to go so we went. on the GB side. We were using Menhadden that were caught in the Bayou, and put them on the bottom with a 3oz weight. The bait was large, about 5-6" and we cut the tails off to let them bleed and out a large hook in their back and threw them in whole and hold on................................ I went out last night and Wendsay with no luck at all........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts