Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have already been a few other reports from 3 mile this past weekend.However, for anyone whohasnt caught a nice bull, you need to get out there one night and make it happen. We caught a total of 9 reds ranging from 27 inches to 37 inches (not to mention the grey snapper, white trout and blue fish that were also biting). Gulp shrimp (lime tiger and new penny) and swimming mullet, and jerk shad. Whatever gulp you choose its probably gonna be pretty good. Great fun on 12lb mono.

27 inch red vs. 37 inch red

·
Registered
448 Posts
We can never have too many reports. I want to take my wife out there this week and you guys are making me feel better and better about it. Nice catch!:clap

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice fish guys!!!

Did you guys fish bottom? We where just tossingthe line over the side about 10 ft from the boat, leave the bail open and raise the rod tip high, close the bail. With in 10 sec one bump and on 90% of the time. Sometime the bait would hit the water and if you jigged it a few times, we where on also. We didnt have any luck on the bottom. Even the snapper and trout bit near the top!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nice job guys!!! I'm planning another trip tonight. I was gonna fish last night but changed my mind at the last minute. Oh well there is always tonight.

Glastronix

·
Registered
358 Posts
Beautiful Pics and nice report guys. Looks like the weather this week doesn't want to co-opperate. How late do you guys usually stay out there?

·
Registered
591 Posts
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl6_lblFullMessage>Beautiful Pics and nice report guys. Looks like the weather this week doesn't want to co-opperate. How late do you guys usually stay out there?

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl6_lblPostSignature>You catch some, you lose some but the beer will never say no or try to run away.
18' White Ranger bay boat.
I usually get out there around 8 and stay untill about midnight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We fished from 7:30 to 11:00. The redfish were hitting up in the water or near the surface. Trout and snapper near the bottom.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Good job guys.:clap we have been fishing 3 mile at night for 6 months now, and we hardly ever have a disapointing night with the reds. Try some top water lures next time. Then it gets really fun. Keep the reports coming.:clap:clap

·
Registered
798 Posts
Nice fish guys!!!!

Is there a special area of the bridge, or can I just randomly pick a spot somewhere in the middle and find fish? Does it matter what tide it is? Do you use jig heads with your gulps, or bare hook them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last year my buddy and I caught bulls there on a reg. basis. In the afternoon and in the morning, where we also got a couple of nice sharks. Great fish guys!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts