Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Self appointed Flounder f
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all of you flatty chasers out there, what is your biggest secret for landing a monster doormat??

·
Registered
497 Posts
In late Sept./early October before the big flounder, move from the upper bay system, my sons and I caught fish up to six pounds on rod /reel.
All or the majority have all been on large baits,1/2oz. jig with a four or five inch plastic K-grub bait. tipped with a finger mullet ,croaker, menhaden, or lady fish belly strip.
The past two years have been really bad in regard to quality and quantity of fish with heavy rainfall flushing out the upper bay systems.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Luck...I tracked a 24" fish last year for 2 days before finally catching up with it. Definitely something I will never forget, the rush was just as bad as buck fever.

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I catch a lot of fish, flounder are my favorite. It seems like I catch more 15 inch flounder than anything (other than croakers this year, the amount of croakers this year was ridiculous).

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Outgoing tide? I was told years ago that outgoing tide washes the fish out and incoming tide washes them in. I know they didn't literally mean that but for some reason it always stuck. Do you have better luck on outgoing tide?

·
Registered
241 Posts
two ways:
1. Like limit out said above (and like Craig Boutwell told me: fish, move, fish, move
2. Put a gig in a little kids hand. Beginners luck or whatever you want to call it That's when I see most of them. Never fails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts