Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks yall. We had picture of his dad a few years ago. Built exactly the same but much bigger. Sadly someone poached him :/. Last year I got a picture of the deer I killed . He was 3 1/2 years old then and I could tell he was the son of that big one. Went all this year with no pics of him and i feared someone had killed him. Finally Got another picture of him last week.....now the hunt.......that morning I sat a ladder stand on a road ( 3 degrees that morning BTW) when I got down I noticed a big track heading into a thicket that we had a plot on the other side of. So slipped around to that plot and sure enough that same big track was working every scrap on the field. I covered the plot with VS1 and then came back that evening for the hunt. Around 4 pm I had 2 does come in and start feeding. Just before 5 I heard something coming from where they had. It was tearing the woods up. Breaking every tree it could. I kinda thought it was a hog because of how loud it was. But when they ran to the other end of the plot i knew it was a buck. After he came out I realized who he was and took my first shot as he was working a scrap I had covered in VS1 . He hit the dirt but then got up and ran towards does. I hit him again.dropped him and again he got up headed towards the does.the third shot rolled him. He was full rut. 190 pounds. Very proud and blessed to have taken that deer. After saying a prayer specifically for him to come out. Great hunt! Good Lord blessed me!

·
Super Moderator
28,636 Posts
Woaaaaaaahhhhhh what a horse!!!! Dern fine! Congrats!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VS1 is a scent made by Conquest. It's actual vaginal secretion for a standing estrous doe. LOADED with pheromones. I've had deer ignore doe pee but so far not this stuff. My dad used it this morning and said a spike tried to follow him back to truck.Not scared a bit. He said it treated him like a doe. Don't know if it's just coincidence but I'll be buying more.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very nice deer - there's some good bucks in Monroe county.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts