Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<SPAN class=postbody>i bought a box of monarch ammo and a box of core locks and a box of fusion's to shoot out of the new .243 i bought saturday
. the rifle groups 100 grain monarch ammo into a 1/2" at 50 yards. but the remington 85 grains were all over the paper as were the 95 grain federal fusions. they remington and federal were shhoting like 4" groups or more at 50 yrds
have any of yall had any experience with this ammo? thanks.

·
eating tasty
3,794 Posts
My buddy just got a .40 cal rifle, and we got some Monarch ammo just to try out just because it was cheap. Didn't buy any other ammo to A/B it with, but at 40 yards I was literally shooting the bullseye out of the target. Every shot was right in there, consistent. So it must be good ammo.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Use what shoots good in your gun no matter the cost....not all ammo shoots the same in evey gun.Very good to purchase an assortment of ammo to try,find whats best and stick with it!:clap

·
Praedator
10,062 Posts
I have used the Monarch ammo through my .380 for cheap ammo at the range. It was a little dirty, but worked like a charm with no problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with the 100gr bullet. I had the same problem, but corrected it with a heavier bullet. Great post, I was contemplating buying some Monarch bullets today, but stuck with Remington because I knew how they shoot. I think I will try them now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts