Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom took this buck this afternonn (Dec. 16th)...main frame 10pt. with a kicker off the G2. Of course she's calling it an 11 pt...and I'll give her that. Not much of a spread, but good tine length. Wt. = 175 lbs. Looked like a 3.5 to 4 year old deer from looking at its features. Therefore, he had some more potential to get a little bigger, but oh well, probably would have never seen him again to get a shot. This buck is going to make a great looking skull mount...Can't wait to see it when it comes back. Mom has the best luck of anybody I know. She as taken severalbucks (7+) bigger than this one.

I have about 2,000 acres in Alabama, 10 mi southeast of Evergreen. She popped this guys on a green field at about 4:00. We have pasted up many many bucks this years so far as we only shoot mature bucks and all the does you can handle...No point restrictions, just making sure its a mature buck. Mom has proven to be a great hunter ageing bucks and taking the mature ones and letting the peter bucks go. I'm proud of her!!!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
if that ones not much to brag about, id sure like to see some pics of the ones yall do brag about. he'd def be hangin on my wall. congrats to both of yall

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SPECKDECK (12/16/2007)Not much to brag about???? SPOILED ROTTEN!!! ha ha. That's a fantastic buck. Awesome tine length!!!
Congrats
Don't get me wrong...thats a fine, fine buck. I'd take it out ofour herd anyday, but its not a wallhanger in my book (or Mom's book). We have some better bucks than that still walking around at our place (don't mean to brag, just the truth). Also, mom has 3 bucks on the wall that are bigger than this one. She's having a skull mount made of this buck...that's going to look great with those long tines.

I'll admitt to being a little spoiled with the opportunity to shoot big bucks. But, believe me, dad and I have put in a lot of hard work (and money) at our land to get some bucks like this. Spikes, 4pts, 6pts, basket rack 8pts (and the like) walk at my place. We only shoot mature bucks, and let the young ones live to get bigger. Oh and, we shoot all the does you can handle for meat purposes. Year round feeding and selective shooting have yielded results. All of our nieighbors practice this same hunting method, so the entire area surrounding us is really booming with some good looking bucks right now.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TGillman (12/17/2007)Thats a dang fine buck...I know I'd be bragging about it !!

:toast
OK, I'm bragging about it, otherwise I wouldn't have put the pics on here. I'm bragging on Mom more than the buck...She's a awesome hunter. Maybe I should have said, Mom got a good buck, but not quite a wallhanger in our book.

·
Super Moderator
28,516 Posts
Midnight Rider (12/16/2007)Not a lot to brag about?????????????? If I shot that buck I'd be calling everybody in the phone book. Congratulations "MOM"
I'll 2nd that motion!!!! Congrats to your mother!!!:bowdown

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, I editted my original post due to some replies.

You guys are right! This buck is worthy of bragging. I stand corrected. However, I am more proud of my Mom than the rack!

The only reason I wrote that "this buck wasn't much to brag about" was because this buck is not a true wallhanger...In my book (or my Mom's book). BUT, still a great, greatlooking buck. I love the tine length and the fact that we have some main frame 10pts running around!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts