Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Team Recess' advice in that"You Never Know Unless you -Go."

Watched the weather all day yesterday and last night. Though the weather was questionablefinally madea decision to fish this moring at 6:00 am, called my fishing buddy and he was game for it.

With grouper season closing at the end of the month we were on the huntfor James.

Launchedlate atSherman Cove.

Cleared the pass at 8:45 am.

Had one large pull down with a rocking/breakoff and we fished hard but James was not coming home with us today. Weather was workable all day long. Picture of Sunset on the way in.

Ended up with a couple of nice scamp,few football mingos and a nice trigger.

All and all a tough fishing day in terms of catching, but I am glad I went.Maybe we will see Jamesnext spring if the gummit decides to open grouper back up in gulf following the feb - mar grouper closure. keeping my fingers crossed.

Mark W out.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Glad you got to go. I suppose the seas were questionable...i can only imagine that ya'll are sore from hangin on. Good catch though. Did ya'll just fish natural bottom? What depth did you find the mingos? We are gonna hit it hard tommorrow. I had a job to start but since grouper season is closing soon i called my client and invited him to go. haha. He said Hell yea, f... a bunch of work!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
GLAD YOU GOT TO GET OUT. LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A LITTLE BUMPY OUT THERE. EVERYONE HAD SOMETHING TO DO TODAY SO NO GO, BUT TUESDAY IS A GO WITH A DIFFERENT CREW THAN USUAL. WILL POST UP HOW IT GOES TOMMORROW NIGHT.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pass Time (1/18/2010)Glad you got to go. I suppose the seas were questionable...i can only imagine that ya'll are sore from hangin on. Good catch though. Did ya'll just fish natural bottom? What depth did you find the mingos? We are gonna hit it hard tommorrow. I had a job to start but since grouper season is closing soon i called my client and invited him to go. haha. He said Hell yea, f... a bunch of work!
Not to sore this morning (took enough ibuprofen to knock down a small pony), the wave height was as predicted, but the north wind made the conditions large swells instead of a chop which made the sea conditions very fishable. Ran 22KTS out and 27 KTS in. Fished 200+ ft of water over natural bottom. Good luck today.

Mark

·
Registered
502 Posts
cobe killer (1/18/2010)GLAD YOU GOT TO GET OUT. LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A LITTLE BUMPY OUT THERE. EVERYONE HAD SOMETHING TO DO TODAY SO NO GO, BUT TUESDAY IS A GO WITH A DIFFERENT CREW THAN USUAL. WILL POST UP HOW IT GOES TOMMORROW NIGHT.
not gonna to lie...i'm pretty jealous sitting behind my desk today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts