Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gig'em
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a cool little reel today. In great working condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
Same here, I have several 204's, and 304's, a gazillion 300's, 2- 400's, about 5- 302's, 2- 302-N's, 2- 402's, couple 386's. Love them Mitchell reels. You have a fine reel there.
Wouldn't mind finding a 486 reel, I need one. I had one, but I loaned it off, and it never returned.

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
My most FAVORITE right there!!!! Got 4-5 or 6 of em. I have used them fer all game too...Even strung one with 15lb braid and caught bull reds with em!!! Love the clicking!!!!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
FLaggie that looks like a good find. I remember family members using Mitchel when I was a kid. Where do you guys buy yours?

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
FLaggie that looks like a good find. I remember family members using Mitchel when I was a kid. Where do you guys buy yours?

Usually antique shops or flea markets... usually max 20 bucks but I have gotten a few fer 10:thumbsup: I just think the aesthetics of the reels are SEXY...like the round body instead of like the others that are oblong...:thumbup:

Reactions: SHunter

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,169 Posts
There's a pawn shop in DeFuniak Springs, "Pawn plus two", that has a bunch of large Mitchells at a good price. If anyone is interested, I can run by there and photograph them and get prices.

·
Gig'em
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually found a guy on FB marketplace that bought a storage unit and was just selling off the contents. He has about 3-4 more Mitchell's, of various sizes and condition. His name's Tony Carlson. Nice guy. Has a shed full of rods/reels. https://www.facebook.com/tcarlson714

1 - 9 of 9 Posts