Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was shot last week (I think Dec29) by a good friend of mine on a lease in near Natchez Mississippi. One base measured 7.5 inches around. The pictures show that it is thick, but nothing like actually seeing it today. It responded to a grunt call, and ran right under him at about 10 steps. He said he didn't even hesitate and wonder if it met the 8pt/16"spread requirements.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry the pictures arent great, they are scanned and cropped.

And if you're counting 8points,there's a little kicker on the left side just above the base. It's hard to see in these pictures, but it's almost an inch long, pointed right at the camera.

·
Registered
601 Posts
He's got some nice mass to him, I like to see that in mature bucks rather than those long skinny times....though I won't hesitate to take a crack at one with those long skinny tines....

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah. the property has been managed correctly for a few years now. theres been a handful of 160 class bucks killed in the past 5-8 years. and the same guy that killed this 9, killed a 158" 10pt 2 years ago that only weighed 168 lbs. just goes to show what some good genes and proper management will get ya!

the worst thing about it is letting a MONSTER 6pt with a 18"+ spread walk... if i wasnt a guest, i wouldve probably killed him and just appologized.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Twil...let Nick know that is a nice buck!!!

I've passed on amediocre 5 pt the past few times I have been out.
Dad passed on a baby 8 pt this past Monday, the 31st. Said he only looked about 2 or 2 1/2. He never though he would pass on an 8 but we are looking for mature deer these days.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
Pics might not be great but the buck sure is.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
soalsrfr (1/3/2008)Hey Twil...let Nick know that is a nice buck!!!

Dad passed on a baby 8 pt this past Monday, the 31st. Said he only looked about 2 or 2 1/2. He never though he would pass on an 8 but we are looking for mature deer these days.
do you know nick?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
big$bucks$ (1/3/2008)I hunt Natchez too but i havent seen anything that nice lately. only a few younger 8pts
their lease is windy hill. i cant remember what hwy its on. i know its close enough to hear the high school band on friday nights early in the season... where do you hunt over there? ill try and get a picture of the 10pt that he killed 2 years ago that scored 158

·
Registered
67 Posts
nb&twil (1/3/2008)

do you know nick?
This isJustin...isn't this Will?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is the Strip Joint there by the Nuclear Plant still in Business ? I've only hunted in Natchez once and had the Experience of going there . Only Bar I have ever been to where they were giving away bowls of Chili at the front door .

big$bucks$ (1/3/2008)I hunt Natchez too but i havent seen anything that nice lately. only a few younger 8pts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
soalsrfr (1/4/2008)
nb&twil (1/3/2008)

do you know nick?
This isJustin...isn't this Will?
yeah... my bad justin. i hadnt talked to you in so long, i didnt correlate your screenname to you. have you and your dad shot any good bucks this year?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not yet...just passed on little ones.

Got a bunch of days off in the next 3 weeks to get out there andput a few on the ground though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts