Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would imagine they are stuck on the river bank or lost in those swamps somewhere. I would bet they went ashore hunting and let the canoe drift away. Why would they launch a 41 foot boat to search the delta.? They can't even get up most of the creeks in that boat. I hope they had matches.

Ronnie

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
from news 5 Mobile at 11:20p.m. Monday:

"The hunters' canoe was found in the middle of the Tensaw River with two rifles and a small ice chest inside."

Also mentioned that a small fire was reported in the search area. But nothing reported back since 11:20p.m.

Hopefully they were at that fire cussing each other out.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Still no word on them being found yet? With the weather we've had, I'd bet the set out on foot to find some type of highway. I'd think staying with the fire and building it as large as one could would be the safest. Hope and pray they all make it back safely.

:angel:angel:angel:angel

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
johnsonbeachbum (12/8/2009)from news 5 Mobile at 11:20p.m. Monday:
"The hunters' canoe was found in the middle of the Tensaw River with two rifles and a small ice chest inside."

Also mentioned that a small fire was reported in the search area. But nothing reported back since 11:20p.m.

Hopefully they were at that fire cussing each other out.
Seems kind of odd that the canoe was found with two rifles inside, I would be taking them with if I left the canoe for any reason. Not likely the canoe overturned and those items stayed inside either, very strange circumstances with this case.

Anybody heard anything new?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yea, anything new??? I've been hoping for the best....

The only thing I could figure is that they shot something and put the rifles into the canoe and went back to drag it out and the canoe floated off.....

·
Registered
369 Posts
SomehowI have missed this story uo until now. Ihunted out of a canoe in the Delta Sunday as well. I was floating in flooded timber somewhat protected from the 20-30 mph winds(still alot of current though). The reports I have seen says that the canoe was found full of water. Anyonethat has flipped a canoe knows that you can fall out without the canoeactually flipping all the way over. The canoe usually fills with water, and out you go once it gets unstable. The gear is usually left in the half sunk canoe. Hopefully this is not the scenario that played out. Hitting 55 degree water with a lot of clothes on(no life vest) and an air temp of around 45 degrees would not leave much room for error. The hunters would have had to getdry and warm fast. One report did say that a small fire was found.It is very easy to get lost in this area, so maybe they are just trying to find their way out.Another reminder to be extremely careful in winter time boating.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Nothing more to report as of 8:30p.m. on the 9th

·
Registered
687 Posts
I can't find any updates has anyone heard anything? Where exactly did they launch from? I couldn't find anything about a fire being found, but why would they leave one, and you could/would only paddle so far from where you launched...so I was wondering how deep they could be in a river swamp away from populated area. They were seen at the mouth of a slew at1:30 pm by a passing boater then an empty canoe floats by at 4pm.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/mobile_news/missing-hunter%27s-fiance%27-speaks-out

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just an Up date They still have not found them as of 9pm last night Not Looking Good!!!:angel

·
Registered
869 Posts
<TABLE class=byln border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=428><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD class=byln width=328>

I sure hope these two guys are OK...

12/14/2009, 7:33 p.m. CST </DIV>The Associated Press</TD><TD width=3></TD><TD width=97></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

(AP) ? BAY MINETTE, Ala. - The search for two missing hunters on the Mobile-Tensaw Delta continued Monday despite rain and fog in the area.

Alabama Marine Police officer Wad Fail said only two vessels from his agency along with a Daphne Search and Rescue unit were able to take part in the search Tuesday because of the weather.

Fail said the search would resume at 8 a.m. Tuesday for 29-year-old Alan Clemmons and 23-year-old Jason Brown. Both men are from the Hurricane Bayou community and were last seen on the afternoon of Dec. 6 at Gravine Island on the Tensaw River. The men had gone squirrel hunting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts