Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful day today, nice seas all day long. Today we were fishing to the southwest-- anywhere from 700-900 ft. On the boat today were Gary, Snap, & myself. This was Snap's first time deep dropping. Gary & Snappergot to comfortablein the beanbags( man they're sweet!!!)for the ride out. (so i've been told) I could hear both of them snoring back there. First we wentto a platform rig, fish everywhere!! But no bites after an hour so we took off "Goin' Deep"... got out there and both Gary and Snap got down to business.. We headed back in about 3:30 pm we were about 25 miles out seas started to pick up 2-3 occasional and wind was picking up also. (crew was asleep on those beanbags again) Pics to follow later, maybe Snap can get his posted. Been a long day....

Tally for the day

1 Snowy grouper

10 Golden Tile

I certainlyhad fun all day today. A day on the water, good weather, fish in the box!!! :toast

Gary I hope you're not in the DOGhouse!!!! :nonono

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are some pics......

Gary---I gotta fish...now what?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Mike Good to see that you and your crew got to wet a line. Nice count on the GT's. I seen a few other boats on radar doing the day but not one fishing boat by eye sight around us. You can hide pretty well JK. Yes it was another good day for every one. Most of the crew did settle in the bean bags for the ride home and it was a good 2-3's. The waves were out of the west,whichmade for an even faster ride to the pass. Hope to see you out there next time. Gene

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mike thanks for the great day, had fun fishing and had a great crew.The more we go the more we learn,i'm ready for the next trip.. Genethanks for thelessons on deep dropping it paid off on our first solo trip,you didn't think i was paying attention but i was :Wow:Snap man great fishing with you looking forward to another trip, sinceyou and mike covered for me i live to fish another day, i know pay back ain't gonna be cheap

Attachments

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
GOOD JOB ON THE GT'S. THE SNOWY'S ARE MAKING US WORK,BUT THATS PART OF THE THRILL OF THE HUNT. YOU NEVER KNOW TILL THE BAIT HIT'S THE BOTTOM!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Went on my first deep drop trip with Captain Mike and his mate Gary. Had a great time with sea's, at least until the way back in, that were a dream. We are at the beginning of our learning curve and look forward to many days of learning with these guys. I did some picture taking and will add to the thread for your dreaming pleasure.</p>

Captain Mike and mate gary with high expectations on my first deep drop trip.

Something special about sunrises and fishing. Makes ya feel good.

If you have never tried a bean bag dramamine induced sleep, I highly recommend it. Don't forget the ear plugs with the 300 sisters hanging off the back of the boat.

Gary on the hunt. Gotta love those shoes huh?

Captain Mike taking a turn with his new toy.

How many days are the seas laid down enough to do this? Like sittingin a chair beside the local pond.

Mike helping Gary pullem aboard.

Gary gets the grouper title as this was the one and only for the trip.

A tile with the snowy no less.

The Tiles add up after a while.

Had to get my mug on here also. Never caught one of these before. Can't wait to see what kind of table fair they make. Enjoyed the trip and look forward to doing it again soon on a FINE boat with a couple of great guys.
Snap

</p>

·
Registered
549 Posts
SNAP You for sure were with some good company on your first deep drop trip. And I know first hand how fast that rocket ship goes. With the calm seas I'm sure Capt. Mike had it going mach II or faster. As for the taste of the GT's,they arerated at the top of the list for most of our crew. After looking at the post again I just had to comment on him seating on the side of the boat with the electric is hand waiting for a strike.Someone going to take a swim. One of my qutoe's ( you never know///until you sit on the side of the boat) :pinch:Gene

·
Registered
164 Posts
Snap you wern't supposed to give out my secret weapon, oh by the way thanks for bring the food for everyone , oh thats rite you at it all,while i was manning both poles:hungry ha!ha!, had a great time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts