Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cold day this morning ~30 degrees.Arrived at Daybreak w Galsun a little after 7 am. Loaded up & shoved off. Beautiful day heading out, calm seas really nice, warmed up later in the morning. Fish lighting up the fishfinder all day, everywherewe went. Made 6 stops. Caught all on a jig. Nothing would hit a cigar minnow. Backin @ 1:30pm.

Tally for the day

1 Amberjack 35"

5 Redfish (released) smallest 32"

4 Red Snapper (released) all keepers

Finally, some blood on the decks. Been running shakedown cruises, checking the boat out & getting acquainted with the electronics.

·
Registered
610 Posts
When those reds show up offshore it can be fun and a bummer at the same time. Awesome fish to fight in deep water, but they eat anything out there. Great report.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Good to see the shake down is over. The sea conditions looked pretty good. Nice day to catch a few fish. Thanks for the post. Gene

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Nice report. :bowdown

Glad to see some one is gettng out and sharing with us all. Makes my day to see an offshore post and pics.

That Aj will taste great off the grill or out of the grease...

Jimmy

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sea conditions look great. Sure wish I could get out there Saturday also, but that four letter word "work" has taken me out of the game. Thanks for the report and pictures.

Team Recess

Rob

·
Registered
172 Posts
Getn2It - nice report. Great pics!

A friend has a Cape Horn, one of the smaller ones. I did a "boat-show crawl-thru" on his boat once and I came away impressed. Theworkmanship was solid,the layout was well-thought out. All the wiring was loomed and accessible. Hardware was all beefy s/s, not that chrome over zinc crap you see sometimes on boats straight out of the factory. Or, God forbid, plastic cleats! (Twinvee)

I'd say that Cape Horn is on my short list of brands to consider for my next boat a couple years down the road. Congrats on the 31.:clap

Catch

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, Cape Horn boats are bullet-proof. The ease in maintenance is great. Everyso often (once-a-month) I'd take a pressure washer and clean it. She'll shine good!!! The boat is sweet & the ride ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! a dream. I don't believe it when someone says "wet horn", on plane in about 4 seconds, WOT about 50 mph, fuel economy best at about 35 mph, wiring is impeccable clean, neat, professionally installed. My hats off to Tyler, Scott, & the whole Cape Horn crew. It is a fine boat!! This is my second one. I'm working on the honey-do list (honey I gotta do this!!).

When you gotta go... you gotta go!!!

Hope to see ya on the water

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mike we gave those young guns their chance to be the first ones to christen your boat with new blood but after numerous trips they couldn't do it so the two old men had to take matters in their on hands ,enough said the boat hasseen first blood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts