Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 36v 112lb Ipilot for a really good deal. I knew it had issues. The gentleman I bought it from said it would only run in high and the auto stow/deploy wasn;t working. But for the price, I couldn’t pass it up. So I got it home hooked to batteries and the stow/deploy works fine. The problem is the prop spins the second you turn it on. You can not turn it off. I’m thinking control board and have had a few others say that’s probably the issue. Just wondering if there something I’m missing or if any of you all have had the same issue. Thanks

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,888 Posts
I would think the rheostat is stuck. The one that governs the voltage to the motor unit for controlling the speed. Mine went out in a regular handled trolling motor. Always stayed in high speed. Finally found a compatible one and replaced it. Worked like it should then.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CurDog thanks. I will look to see if there is a way to test it. I would think I would still be able to turn it off. But maybe not. I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to trolling motors. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts