Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to Miller's Ferry Sunday evening with the wife. Arrived around 5 pm. and launched from Bridgport Landing. Fishing was a little slow. There was a lot of trash floating down the river. They were not pulling much water. Got up he next morning and began again. Had several good fish hooked up on a buzz bait, but they kelp throwing the hook out at the boat. I was beginning to get a little upset with the buzz bait. I had several 2-3 pounders get off right at the boat. Caught a couple of decent ones around several docks and lay downs. Came out around lunch time to eat. Went back around 3 pm. They were still not pulling any water. The bite was a little slow. I had several good hook ups and again lost them at the boat. Around 6 pm I began throwing the buzz bait again around the grass. The bite picked up for about an hour or so. I boated several decent fish and several small ones. Had just as many misses. They were short striking the bait most of the day. Most of the fish were only caughton the trailer hook. Caught about a total of about 15-20 bass and about the same that got off. The water temp was right at 80 degrees, the air temp reached 97 with no clouds. I tried many different techniques, but just couldn't get a good reading on the bite.

I talked with several locals who said that the fishing was good over the weekend andthat there were some good fish caught. I talked to one individual who had a friend that caught 5 fish that totaled 20 lbs. He said that bite had slowed down since the weekend. The water had cleared up on the river from Sunday and the clarity was about 2.5 feet in some areas.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks for the report! I'd like to get up there again someday. I'm hoping to go to Guntersville before the summer's over!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts