Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the military and just moved to the area (Navarre). I've heard about the military gold sportsman's license that I can at the county tax assesors office. Anyone on here in the military gotten one of these? Where is the Santa Rosa County Tax Assesors office and what do I need to bring besides orders? Thanks.

·
Praedator
10,003 Posts
Military Gold Sportsman's License *Available only to Florida residents who are active or retired members of the U.S. Armed Forces (Armed Forces Reserve, Florida National Guard, Coast Guard or Coast Guard Reserve), upon submission of a current military identification card and military orders showing you are stationed in Florida or a Florida Drivers License. This license can only be purchased at county tax collectors' offices....$20.00<P class=Body>Military Gold Sportsman's License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits) (sold only at tax collector's office)

·
Banned
257 Posts
Benefit = price for multiple licenses.

This license can only be purchased at county tax collectors' offices....$20.00 <P class=Body>Military Gold Sportsman's License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits) (sold only at tax collector's office)

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl3_lblPostSignature><H4>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</H4>

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you plan on fishing or hunting on the Eglin range they also offer a military "Gold" permit. It is available at the Jackson guard building in Niceville.Just have to watch a safety video.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the info. The license seems like a really good thing Florida does for the military.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you go to the fishing show this weekend at the fairgrounds, they sell them there. Had to show my orders and ID card....had it 10 minutes later....too easy!

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
You don't need any orders just an ID card and Fla drivers license retired or Active. I purchased mine the last two years before turning 65. It covers everything Hunting, Fishing and all the permits.

·
Banned
257 Posts
YOU NEED ORDERS if you are not a FL resident but active duty stationed in FL. Jeesh Ron, read the regs, or maybe even just the post above with a quote of the regs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
YOU NEED ORDERS if you are not a FL resident but active duty stationed in FL. Jeesh Ron, read the regs, or maybe even just the post above with a quote of the regs.

+1....you do need them, I had a TN license..i remember the 20 mintue drive home and back to get my oreders...still very much worth the trip.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
OK,I stand to be corrected. I was refering to someone with a Florida drivers license that lives in Florida:doh:doh:doh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts