Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold!!!

Okay guys I just got ahold of a heavy brass deep sea divers plaque.

Can anyone tell me about it? It's about 14" and weighs 19 lbs, solid brass. Dusty and dirty right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Attachments

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
It is a first class 5342 US Navy hardhat divers plaque. That is what I was when retiring in 1980. That was probably made on board a destroyer or submarine tenders foundry. Here is a photo of my emblems worn on divers uniforms. Different ones for different class divers. Great find.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plaque

Anyone interested in it before it gets destroyed

I get this stuff before it gets melted down, hate to see it destroyed. I have $50 in it if someone wants it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If it was probably made in a destroyer foundry, where do they get the brass? Ammo shells? I think it is really cool.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Post a picture after you get it cleaned up. I would love to see what it turns into. Assuming that you get it.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
If it was probably made in a destroyer foundry, where do they get the brass? Ammo shells? I think it is really cool.
Tons of brass and all other metals com and go on repair ships. At least in my days. Now most likely nothing could be made like that without a ton of signed paperwork.

Reactions: LY-zer

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
military

I run across things like that from time to time. Hate to see things like that destroyed.

Sold pending pickup.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I will buy it if no one else does just to save and Give to a Navy Dive buddy, so it does not go to scrap, but looks like you may have it sold, my post is a JUST IN CASE

·
Registered
513 Posts
In as much as I thought it was cool, I wanted to buy it, clean it, and give it to a member of that group who just so happens to be a forum member. I don't know if he would have like to have it but maybe his kids or grand kids would have. I have several items from my grandfather that I cherish dearly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts