Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met my nephew on the beach last night to try and get him a shark. I also told him it was prone time to possibly hit a trophy speck with the conditions and the full moon. He hadn’t caught any bait by the time I got there and the tide had already changed. It was late but I told him we could give it a bit. Finally got a ladyfish but the blues tore it up everytime we cast it out.

Starting throwing lures again and a few casts in I get a solid thump followed by huge, tell-tale head shakes. I knew right then :)

No tape, no scale. I don’t care anyway, she was an absolute beast and I was stoked just to see her. Sorry for the terrible picture and the fact that I look drunk.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice catch man! What lure you get her on? I've never fished them at night and I'm new to the area and saltwater scene in general (I'm from Michigan and travel for work). Does something noisy at night usually help? And is the fact that you look drunk related to the fact that you are actually drunk? Lol

·
Super Moderator
28,291 Posts
Dang son thats dern sure a monster!!!

Reactions: Chris V

·
Constitution Conservative
2,560 Posts
Wowzers! Dang fine specimen of a Speck!

Reactions: Chris V

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody and no, I wasn’t drunk lol!! Just along day followed by a spur of the moment trip to the beach at midnight.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice catch man! What lure you get her on? I've never fished them at night and I'm new to the area and saltwater scene in general (I'm from Michigan and travel for work). Does something noisy at night usually help? And is the fact that you look drunk related to the fact that you are actually drunk? Lol
I generally use topwaters, jerkbait and spoons at night in the surf. I like baits that have a decent amount of vibration and noise. Last nights fish hit the spoon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I generally use topwaters, jerkbait and spoons at night in the surf. I like baits that have a decent amount of vibration and noise. Last nights fish hit the spoon.
Awesome! Thanks for the tips like I said I'm brand new to all of this and trying to put some things together, where I am from most people are very tight lipped about their fishing, but people down here have been more than happy to share info (I usually don't ask for specifics). Everything is appreciated. I'm going to have to get out at night but I've been do ok during the day. Finding a lot of sinks and a few over slot fish. Got my PB last week released her so I didn't weigh but she was just over 25" and the head of a fish that was about the same size obviously estimated.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts