Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
How deep was the water that this video was shot in.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
Brandy: There sure seemed to be quite a few grouper in that video. I am shocked to hear that the depth is 70 to 100 feet. There was some pretty good ledges and a few lobster also. Pretty trick spot if you ask me.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
:bump

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thanksfor posting the video, I have always dreamed of the Middle Grounds. Its nice to see what it looks like down there. Maybe one day I will get to fish that area.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Cool video.......nice shots.......i do a little diving,and have never been spearfishing.Im thinking of taking a class........It looks like a tape measure running across the sea floor??what is that used for???Sorry if its a dumb question as i said im a newbie!!!

Thanks Stephen

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was wondering about the tape measurer myself. DK, Im down anytime that i have time (which i guess means im not down:banghead:banghead)...Do you thikn the FlatsFox would make it out there?:doh:letsdrink

CurtyV

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The guy that shoots these vids also runs a charter service. He works with the state and other agencys doing research.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I use to Stone Crab out there. Have some good numbers of natural bottom.

Winter time those grouper love troll'n lures!!

Great vid!!

Yeah its about a foot every mile! Depth! so about 75miles you have around 75 ft give and take.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bluffman2 (12/10/2007)
Brandy (12/10/2007)The guy that shoots these vids also runs a charter service. He works with the state and other agencys doing research.
so whats the tape for???
Maybe someone doing research ? Like how many snails per square ft or how much coral.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
dkdiver (12/3/2007)I have the range . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you are ever headed over that way and need a paying crew member just let me know. I have often thought abouttaking a 2 day charter trip over there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts