Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy my dad a new outboard for his pontoon boat. We will be going with a 90hp and looking at either a Suzuki or Yamaha.

Any thoughts on one vs the other. I have owned both Yamaha and Suzuki and been happy with both but they were larger outboards.

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Looking to buy my dad a new outboard for his pontoon boat. We will be going with a 90hp and looking at either a Suzuki or Yamaha.

Any thoughts on one vs the other. I have owned both Yamaha and Suzuki and been happy with both but they were larger outboards.

Thanks in advanced
I bought my '05 Suzuki DF140s (same block as DF90) 3.5 years ago with 200 something hours on them. They now have over 3,000 hrs and have NEVER been in the shop other than to replace lower unit seals and for regular maintenance. Sure Ive replaced a couple of piddly things in the driveway, most notable the IAC valves and my counter finally dropped a lower unit but other than that they have been bullet proof. The boat is used as a charter boat and is constantly in and out of gear so dont let the lower unit blowing scare you off. Middle of this week if the weather holds, Im firing them up and heading way south.

Saying that, I dont think you can go wrong with either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I had the same motors and just had issues with the exhaust plug and oil cooler corroding out but that was about it. Figure we will go towards the Suzuki unless I find out there is some kind of defect with it since they are cheaper by a couple K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts