Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any dove hunts in Mid to North Alabama? We can go as far south as Tuscaloosa area, and as north as Huntsville. We are hoping to go tomorrow, Sunday.. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I shot some this AM up by Excel area. Was OK. There's birds around, 1 day there in the menlo field next day over in corn next over in the sorghum field. Sorta hit in miss. Most birds are the locals. Wait till a good cold snap and there should be some more. I would not bother driving up there right now just my .02 cents

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shot some this AM up by Excel area. Was OK. There's birds around, 1 day there in the menlo field next day over in corn next over in the sorghum field. Sorta hit in miss. Most birds are the locals. Wait till a good cold snap and there should be some more. I would not bother driving up there right now just my .02 cents
Thanks for the info. Was the hunt a public/paid hunt? If so can I have the address if there doing a hunt tommorow.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The hunt was private. Otherwise you wouldve gotten a PM with a invite. It's not my land. I would check in Lowdnes (sp) Co. sporting goods shops and ask if they know of any public or paid hunts. I believe there's a WMA in that Co that's public. I would be careful with paid hunts, there are "lease pimps" that will "say" there are birds which there might be however a handful of doves vs. a 100-200 is different. No disrespect to any leaser's on here btw. Or worst case scenario I would go up there and ask a few land owners if you can hunt their fields.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hunt was private. Otherwise you wouldve gotten a PM with a invite. It's not my land. I would check in Lowdnes (sp) Co. sporting goods shops and ask if they know of any public or paid hunts. I believe there's a WMA in that Co that's public. I would be careful with paid hunts, there are "lease pimps" that will "say" there are birds which there might be however a handful of doves vs. a 100-200 is different. No disrespect to any leaser's on here btw. Or worst case scenario I would go up there and ask a few land owners if you can hunt their fields.

Thanks for the advice. I think we will wait for a cold snap.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If I hear of any hunts I ll pass the info along to you. Suppose to be getting down to the 50s next Thursday which sounds promising.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts