Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for a few hours today and hit the Mid-Bay Bridge. Water was muddy with a surface temp of 51. Fished in 35' of water and ended up with 4 Sheepies, 3 Black Drum and 2 over slot reds.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was using Willapa Bay Canned Oysters. Chummed with the bridge banacles. Was a little slower than usual...think the salinity is low from all the rain.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chaps (2/22/2010)How do you keep oysters on your hook?
A small piece of Pantyhose wrapped around works well with the oysters with no mussle or toughness to it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
i would start the north or south side of the channel bumpers.. Pitch as close as you can towards the structure with braid line preferably and wait for the bite.. i prefer J-hooks..

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
karma (2/28/2010)i would start the north or south side of the channel bumpers.. Pitch as close as you can towards the structure with braid line preferably and wait for the bite.. i prefer J-hooks..
Could'nt word it better myself...this is the deepest area.

·
Registered
73 Posts
chaps (2/22/2010)How do you keep oysters on your hook?
I have used clams while fishing on the east coast and they stay on the hook pretty good. I would try some littleneck clams if they can make it past the stove:hungry Awesome catch finz..... you need to get some action pics of those sheepies when the water clears up:takephoto

1 - 11 of 11 Posts