Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,716 Posts
How much does metal cost ? Not the boards, just the metal. Is it priced per sq ft or linear ft at width?
I never could get an answer to this question. What I do know is that if you just call MRC in Foley with dimensions, the will give you a price. I was very pleased dealing with them.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Based on my experience, it is priced on the linear foot. So, a piece that is 3 feet wide and 7 feet long will cover 21 square feet, but it will be priced on the 7 foot.

I have bought twice from Metal Roofing Center in Foley (www.metalroofingcenter.com) and have been very pleased. I ordered it and they delivered it to me in Panama City within 3-4 business days.

Depending on which style you get, the cost should be below $3.00 a linear foot.

I will send you a PM with the contact that I used. I actually met the guy online at The Hull Truth and he has been great to work with.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on my experience, it is priced on the linear foot. So, a piece that is 3 feet wide and 7 feet long will cover 21 square feet, but it will be priced on the 7 foot.

I have bought twice from Metal Roofing Center in Foley (www.metalroofingcenter.com) and have been very pleased. I ordered it and they delivered it to me in Panama City within 3-4 business days.

Depending on which style you get, the cost should be below $3.00 a linear foot.

I will send you a PM with the contact that I used. I actually met the guy online at The Hull Truth and he has been great to work with.
Thanks Rick.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
If you are installing it yourself, make sure you get the foam that goes under it. Insulates plus keeps the tin from vibrating from wind and that vibration can start working screws loose.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just realized that you are one of those guys from Lower Alabama that's ruining the PFF according to the mental case on THT. If I had realized that before answering, I wouldn't have helped. :)
I was just checking for recent post over there. Doesn’t look like he’s posted in a couple days. It’d be funny if they banned him too.

But Like a hemorrhoid, he’ll flair up again. I actually hope they don’t ban him. He’s good entertainment.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
No help on price of metal but make sure you put down the right kind of nailer strips. I had always been told that you don't put metal on pressure treated but I helped a coworker dry in his house and the strips he had looked pressure treated to me. I questioned it and he said all his supplies came from Baker so we assumed it was the correct stuff.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
The nailers can be treated. There is a special treated wood with no copper for stripping the roof. Avoids galvanic corrosion. We are all familiar with that.
Baker metal has it as does most any metal roofing supplier..
I used to sell it at my old business.
Get the right screws and above all do not over tighten them. The best ones have a cupped metal washer with the neoprene washer inside.
If your pitch is less than 3/12 you will need to seal the seams, overlaps.
If you are running the ag panel profile, 3’ wide with 5 ribs. Be sure to get the sheet that shows the screw pattern.

·
Registered
862 Posts
After a trip to Big Pine (Keys) post hurricane, I quickly learned that a Metal roof is the only way to go. Those homes with metal roofs had some house left where shingle roofs had nothing. Research was critical to getting the right and best product. This would be my forever roof. Skimping on products to save a dollar or two is not a good choice. In the end, I couldn't be happier with my roof. My electrical bill improved. I TOTALLY recommend Weather Shield Metal roofing. Rip Hanks (most know him from PFF gatherings) is the owner and takes great pride in providing the best service. Metal roofs are not cheap but cheap yields a cheap product / installation. Rip is a local and oversees the install himself. 850-733-9321. www.wsmetalroofing.com.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts