Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 mercury optimax 225 on my boat,I went out 2 weeks ago and the boat ran fine. This weekend we went out and it would not get above 3400rpms. We changed the oil sensor and it is still doing the same thing. I left the motor trimmed down in the water for 12 days and this weekend it had alot of growth from barnacles or some type worms growing on it. Was just wondering if that could have some effect on the rpm"s

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Limp mode from running hot maybe. Did you get any alarms?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No alarms, Water was coming out of the motor but i was wondering if that growth could have partially stopped something up. Thats something i will check. Thanks

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Did you happen to feel of the water coming out and see if it was hot to the touch ? If the flow is restricted it will still piss, just not flow fast enough to cool the motor. If it was truly running hot and got ran for very long, you could have some big problems $$$ If the alarm is working it would of saved you from that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you happen to feel of the water coming out and see if it was hot to the touch ? If the flow is restricted it will still piss, just not flow fast enough to cool the motor. If it was truly running hot and got ran for very long, you could have some big problems $$$ If the alarm is working it would of saved you from that.

I didnt feel of the water when we were running it but i will check the temp.of the water coming out of the motor when i run it again. Thanks for the advise

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Had something similar on my Yamaha last. It was noticeably running rough, no alarms and wouldn't rev over 4000. Turned out to be a bad injector.

Reactions: mrplmbr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts