Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading Garbo''s story in Off Topic about his unforgettable moment in the shallows with the redfish. It reminded me of a timeI was out trying to catch some fresh mullet for a fish fry i had committedto providing the main entree for.I had fished hard all morning with a mere 3 mullet to show for my efforts and was about to resign myself to buying fish. Talking to myself I said aloud that it was going to take a miracle to come up with those fish. Just then in the narrowboat channel some 200 yards in front of me the water blew up with mullet flyin every where. A school of large Jacks had busted up and were enjoying there own style of mullet fry. Well as you can imagine the mullet ran like hell to avoid the onslaught and ran right up to the seawall where i was standing. My net on the ready opened like a perfect silver dollar covering the large black mass of panicing mullet. Needless to say the fish fry was plentiful and I aloneremember that moment in time.

What is one of your unforgetable moments on the water...............

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Awesome story! That's what's so great about fishing, it can seem like the day is lost and then with one last castan awesomefishis landed and turns it into a great fishing day!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts