Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
little ol me !
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span class=UIStory_Message>George Orwell says:

<span class=UIStory_Message>" We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm "

<span class=UIStory_Message>I served with those men, and consider them my friends. My sincere thanks to my friends who have served and are serving, and my prayers for those that stand in harms way as I<span class=text_exposed_show> sit in my comfortable home that they are keeping safe for me !!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Well said BillyK!

I had 4 uncles who served in WWII, 2wounded, 1 killed (in a submarine) and 3 awarded medals. My brother was also one who "gave all" in 1959 (naval aviator), so Memorial Day obviously has deep meaningto my family. Everyone have a great holiday, but please take time to remember those who have put it ALL on the line, and made the ultimate sacrifice for the rest of us.

:usaflag

·
Registered
541 Posts
Very well put. My father and 9 of his 12 brothers and two of his sisters and a ton of their children served proudly over the years. Most of them are not with us now but I still Thank you all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts