Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
It鈥檚 more towards Navarre then anything, family鈥檚 still go out to the beach.! Also I鈥檓 sure we will have some visitors, but not as much as before since they just reopened the rentals

Registered
Family went out east of Portofino last Saturday. They said no where to park until almost to Navarre and then a traffic accident closed east bound and made them backtrack west to return to Pensacola.1.5 hours slow driving.

In other words, packed full along the roadway going east from PB.

No holiday beach scene for me.

Registered
Johnny Chisholm presents Memorial Weekend Pensacola Beach 2020 will be rescheduled for May 27th-31st, 2021.Tickets purchased are non-refundable but are transferable to Memorial Weekend Pensacola 2021.

So no Gay Pride Event this year.

Registered
Memorial Day weekend may look different this year than it has in years past due to COVID-19, but officials are still preparing for a potentially busy weekend to kick off the summer season.

All typical Memorial Day weekend celebrations have been canceled this year due to the coronavirus, including the LGBT beach festivities and the Bands on the Beach concert series. But local leaders still expect large numbers of people will head to the beach over the three-day weekend.

"We鈥檙e not going to have a lot of the traditional festivals and events that we鈥檝e had over Memorial Day weekend, so that鈥檚 a bulk of people that won鈥檛 be here,鈥 said Nicole Stacey, director of marketing and communications for Visit Pensacola. "But I do think that based on what we鈥檝e heard and anecdotally, we鈥檙e going to have a very good weekend."

The Santa Rosa Island Authority reiterated in a news release earlier this week that Pensacola Beach is open to the public from sunrise to sundown. All beach-goers must be in groups of 10 people or less and remain at least six feet apart from all others sharing the beach.

鈥淭he SRIA enjoys welcoming all visitors to our beautiful beach, but in accordance with state and federal guidelines, there will be no events or mass gatherings allowed this weekend in order to prioritize the health, safety and welfare of the public,鈥 said Paolo Ghio, executive director of the SRIA, in the press release .

However, Northwest Florida locals are still expected to turn out to the beach in droves. A little more than 20,000 cars were counted at the tolls this past Saturday 鈥 more cars than usually come through for the Blue Angels air show weekend, according to Rusty Branch, director of Pensacola Beach's Destination Marketing Organization.

"(Memorial Day weekend) is not going to be as busy as past years by any means, just because of the situation," Branch said. 鈥淏ut we may see a lot of cars go through the toll booth. Locals seem to have come out pretty heavy last weekend.鈥

The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation on Tuesday approved plans from seven Panhandle counties, including Escambia and Santa Rosa counties, to once again take reservations for short-term vacation rentals. Short-term rentals have been prohibited since mid-March to discourage out-of-state visitors from coming to Florida and spreading coronavirus.

Registered
My wife and I met some friends at Redfish Bluefish last night, and there were a bunch of women walking around that would've been happy as men. Figured they were getting the weekend started early.

Registered
Don't know, I figured the beach would be empty this year because no big groups allowed. i will be enjoying the fishing and beaches of Okinawa this weekend
Heyyyy im about to deploy out to Indopacific region real soon and due to the Rona we are gonna spend a little bit of time around Kadena...If you are near there I'd like to shoot ya a PM to talk about fishin over there, maybe get up with ya and wet a line or 2 during down time there

Registered
THE FOLLOWING IS A PSA.

Just remember this weekend...if you drop anything, kneel down to pick it up...DO NOT BEND OVER FOR ANY REASON.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts