Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inshore Slam in the Upper Bays
Today’s inshore trip was a good one; we caught 5 reds, they were 16’to 18”, none real big. We did see three big redfish tails sticking out of the water, but we couldn’t get them to eat. I was a little bummed, because they looked like bigger fish, but we made the best of it.
After we left the redfish hole, we hit a few speck spots, and it wasn’t long before we were hooking up on some nice trout. Dan was the grand slam winner by catching all three (trout, redfish, and flounder). He also was the winner by catching the biggest trout of the day-- a nice 27” whopper. It crushed a MirrOdine 17MR (808) like it was its last meal!

All fish were released, and hopefully we will catch them again. I will be back on the water again tomorrow. Both today’s and tomorrow’s trip are artificials only.
Baits used today were ZMan's PaddlerZ, MinnowZ,, MirrOlure's 17MR and 18MR and TopDog Jr.
Here are some more pics enjoy.

Sorry I've not posted in a while, been busy with trips and honey do's.
Tight lines.
John

www.pensacolainshoreguides.com
www.captainjohnrivers.com
www.megabiteinshore.com

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just curious but how much did it cost those fellows to catch those fish?

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Just curious but how much did it cost those fellows to catch those fish?
John, this seems like bashing bait too me, don't bite, lol.

You gotta take me and my son inshore soon like we discussed a while back. I can't wait another month to get a line wet.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turtle: I would be happy to take you and your son out, I'm honored when I take locals out to show them what my business is about and our fishery. My trip today were some guys from Gulf Breeze and we did pretty good. 25 trout, with a few keepers and we lost a few nice reds that pulled the hook. All in all a nice morning.

Sharknut,
take a look at my website. My rates are pretty much the norm what it cost to book trips in this area. http://www.megabiteinshore.com/rates.htm
If you have any more questions about my business send me a Pm, email or call, 850-341-9816
------
Tight Lines..
John

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you Captain - you answered my question and it's much appreciated!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Thank you Captain - you answered my question and it's much appreciated!
I apologize for that. there have been members on here that just sit back and wait to mess with Capt John and I know the guy to be a straight up angler who will go out of his way to help anyone get a bite. Did not mean to put you in that bowl but saw your rank and didn't know so just tried to help a brotha out in case. I hope you get a chance to take advantage of Johns knowladge of inshore fishing around here. His prices are fair and final result will be, you have fun and put some good food on the table.

Tight lines both of you. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts