Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring Break & Easter Weekend Fishing

March was cold and windy, but the fishing was still very good. We found a lot of sheepshead, some big redfish and tons of bay snapper (some big some small), but a lot of fun.
Hopefully in June these snapper will still be in the bay. If they are and they are keepers, they will make a nice addition to the ice chest and grill.
March is over, and although we had some tough conditions with wind and below normal temps, we had mostly good weather and calm seas for fishing. We usually aren’t still winter clothing this time of year, but we managed to make the best of it.
As April arrives I’ll be in the pass for a week or two more and then I’ll be back on the flats having fun with trout and reds.
Hope everyone has a Happy Easter, and a great start to April.

All over-sized fish and snappers released.
Tight Lines.
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Capt. John,

I'm new to the area and saltwater fishing in general. I grew up bass fishing so I do have a fishing background from that. I'm planning a trip to the pensacola/Orange Beach area with a buddy of mine. We will be fishing out of a 19 ft Kenner so we should be able to access just about anything around those areas. I have no idea what to look for when trying to locate saltwater fish (target species is redfish, speckle trout). I'm not asking for any of your spots, but could you help point me in the right direction as to what to look for when trying to find these fish? Water depth, structure, time of day, bait, etc. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Support Your Local Captains

Fisher, Since you are new to saltwater fishing and are going to be down for awhile, may I suggest that you book one of these local guide/captains to show you the ropes. One picture is worth a thousand words and one practical trip is worth a thousand pictures. You've got a nice boat and you and your buddy can split the cost. Another options is to get a local captain that will take you in your own boat. I mean, it's a knowledge multiplier.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fisher 34, sorry I have not replied sooner, Been swamped with trips, getting in late..calle my cell 850-341-9816,.and ill try and help, but panhandlers is right our fishery is so diverse that hirring a guide will help a lot,
Tight lines, John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts