Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
April started out just right. We are catching mostly sheepshead, with some snappers mixed in and a few reds. The bite is red hot for sheepies right now and should last about two more weeks and then slow down. The cobia are showing up in full force and I hope to be able to get out and catch a few myself this year if the weather and time allow it.When the spring break trips slow down, I’ll be running back on the flats, for trout and redfish.

"The Girls show us how is done"

"Four Hooked up at once is always fun"

"Daryl is all smiles after landing his first ever redfish"

"Randy and his boys had fun and wanted to take a few back for a big family fish fry at the beach house they were staying at so we kept 12 sheepies for dinner"

Let’s get you aboard so you can have a fishing adventure of a lifetime.
As always all over-sized redfish are released to be caught another day.
Tight Lines.
John
www.megabiteinshore.com
850-341-9816

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What the purpose of the lip grip? I have been wondering this for days.
Many reasons, clients sometimes don't like to touch the fish. If they don't mind touching the fish, holding it by the fish grip in one hand give them better control. By giving them control over the fish, it helps keeps them safe from harm from the fish in case it starts to thrash about. It's very good for kids. Most kids I've taken on trips don't like to touch fish or are scared they might get hurt from the fins or whatever, this gives them confidence and then they can get a picture of their catch safely.
If you don't have any on your boat, I would look into getting a couple, only $15.00 at most tackle stores
or go on line and look up fish grip.
Tight Lines.
John

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
I saw some of those fish grips made by Eagle Claw at academy for about 10 bucks!! Not only is it easier to control a fish with them, but safer for you and the fish as well.

By the way John, how is everyone liking your new gear? I still want one of those new rods.

And good job on the catching as usual!

·
Geaux Tigers!
977 Posts
When it comes to fish you may have to release every place you touch them is a potential place they could develop an infection or other skin issue. If you're keeping it who cares but if you want to catch them another day then it's best to handle them as little as possible.

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
When it comes to fish you may have to release every place you touch them is a potential place they could develop an infection or other skin issue. If you're keeping it who cares but if you want to catch them another day then it's best to handle them as little as possible.
Yep, it is also always a great practice to also wet your hands before handling a fish. This way, your abrasive skin does not take off as much as their protective slime coating.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw some of those fish grips made by Eagle Claw at academy for about 10 bucks!! Not only is it easier to control a fish with them, but safer for you and the fish as well.

By the way John, how is everyone liking your new gear? I still want one of those new rods.

And good job on the catching as usual!
New rods are great, haven't used the new flats rods & reels yet, and my bigger sheepshead and bull redfish reels should be in this Friday or Monday, looking forward to using them.
I'll keep you updated on how they do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts