Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Assuming it's a long 3 blocks - Grab a bicycle and a backpack and ride the 3 blocks to shop or parts house, pickup belts and come back to install? A short 3 blocks without stops it may make it before the thermostat starts opening, but I'm not sure I would risk it without some water flow.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My truck shed all of its belts this morning. No Power steering, no water pump, etc. Can I fill the radiator and drive it 3 blocks to the shop? Safely?
The big unknown is why did they come off?

If one broke from old age and got the under the others causing them to fly off then drive it.

If something locked up and they flew off tow it.

I personally would drive it 3 blocks if the radiator is full.

·
Apex
1,361 Posts
Walk 3 blocks, buy a serpentine belt, walk three blocks back.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
What kind on truck? Most modern trucks only has 1 belt that runs everything. 3 blocks ain’t far on a cool engine. If you catch a red light then turn motor off

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
It would not bother me to do it if it is a short trip with few to no stops. Since you are retired I would choose the least busy travel time in your parts.

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Hey guys the freking water in engine and radiator is just sitting there. There is No circulation. The first place to overheat is next to the cylinders. The rest of the engine is cool or cold. Results a cracked block. Tow the truck.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Radiator full, or empty won’t make any difference if the waters not circulating. I wouldn’t take a chance. Probably won’t crack the block but it’ll take out a head or head gasket if it gets hot enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
front end shake

my console in a 02 ford f150 shakes & i have 2yr old tires new shocks ball joints/u joints& new front wheel bearings so would the front rotors cause this? the tires are firestone and recently balanced/rotated aligned

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
My rule is about 2 minutes.
If you can crank it and take off with a "dead cold" engine and get there in 2 minutes and immediately shut off, you should be okay.
Engine doesn't get operating temperature for a couple minutes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts