Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old reliable ThermoPro finally gave up the ghost and I need a new remote read thermometer with at least 2 probes. I’m open to wireless probes if I hear real world reports about them working as they should. A plus would be one that could link to my wifi and I could monitor with my phone from anywhere, am I reaching too far with all that?

· Registered
495 Posts
I use the Thermpro TP-27B which has 4 probes and the receiver has a range of around 500 feet. The receiver is small and will clip on belt if needed. I had a weber I-Grill and it died in about 6 months. Really like the Thermpro.

· Bearded Brotula
17,292 Posts
Meater seemed like it was coming along, but all I hear is complaints about not being able to walk farther than 20 ft from it. That kills it for me. Thermopro.

Reactions: Deja vu

· Super Moderator
34,318 Posts
Meater seemed like it was coming along, but all I hear is complaints about not being able to walk farther than 20 ft from it. That kills it for me. Thermopro.
I have the Meater and aint had that issue....I have 2 of them but then again, I don't leave for a long distance either....

Reactions: DLo

· Registered
7,413 Posts
I have the TP-25H2 Thermopro. 2 probes, an LED screen, plus Bluetooth. Claims a 500ft range, I know it works at about 250ft. The long probes are not as accurate as I like. I substituted a shorter probe from my Weber iGrill. Seems more accurate. My wife prefers the iGrill (single probe) but it doesn't have a screen and the distance is much shorter. I tend to use my Thermopro Thermopen the most for instant read. I guess I have a bunch of meat thermos.

· Bearded Brotula
17,292 Posts
I have the Meater and aint had that issue....I have 2 of them but then again, I don't leave for a long distance either....
New in the last year? I looked over a year ago and saw those complaints a lot. I'll take a look again, because I really like the wireless probe idea.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
I have a meater, one of the early ones. What I do is hook it into my iPad thru the bluetooth and put the iPad close to the smoker but inside. Then my iPad is on my wifi sending the info to the meater cloud and I can use the meater app on my phone anywhere I want to. At the house or not. If I'm doing stuff around the house, then I'll usually just walk over to my iPad and check it.

· Bearded Brotula
17,292 Posts
I don't use those pad things though. My BGE's are on my back porch, so no real issue. My Lang is in my driveway and I set it up a good ways from the house.

· Bearded Brotula
17,292 Posts
I think the Meater Block has a wifi tablet that comes with it. Anyone have that one?

· Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone tried the thermopro wireless probes, tempspike?

· Registered
41 Posts
I think the Meater Block has a wifi tablet that comes with it. Anyone have that one?
I have the Meater Block with 4 probes, I've used it for over a year and love it! The block connects to WiFi, and you set the block near the probes for the Bluetooth connection when cooking. You can use the probes in the oven, smoker or on the grill. Because it has 4 probes you can use it to monitor the temperature of multiple types of food or different temps for various cuts of meat (i.e. 1 person wants their steak at Medium, 1 person wants at Rare). Each probe is numbered 1-4 and that is how you configure your cook in your Meater app. When you're done using the probes after you clean them off the block also charges the probes back up for next use. I use probes to reverse smoke to 110, then slap on the grill til it gets to temp. The meater also uses algorithms to tell you when to remove meat accounting for resting time coming up to temp so you don't overcook.

Highly recommend!
Meater Block Link

· Registered
1,852 Posts
Okay one more rant from me and then I will shut up. Let me go ahead and apologize.

When I first got the Meater, downloaded the app, the first thing it prompted me to do was set up an account with email/password. My immediate thought was "WTF this is a thermometer." Anyways that soured me too.

· Registered
188 Posts
My old reliable ThermoPro finally gave up the ghost and I need a new remote read thermometer with at least 2 probes. I’m open to wireless probes if I hear real world reports about them working as they should. A plus would be one that could link to my wifi and I could monitor with my phone from anywhere, am I reaching too far with all that?
I have the thermoworks signals. Works great for me.

· ***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,812 Posts
I have the meater plus block with two probes and had no issues with it. It is a must have for my jotisserie. Also have a therm pro two probe Wi-Fi not my favorite. Also have a big green egg genius. The meater come in second hands down the egg genius is my favorite, I have four probes with mine. Also the flameboss 400 is the same as the egg genius…

· Bearded Brotula
17,292 Posts
I have the Egg Genius and never taken it out of the box.

· Super Moderator
34,318 Posts
Man I just love saying my MEATER!!!!!! Mine is about a year and a half old....my internet at the house sucks since I live out where they pipe sunshine in so I have a booster to help with internet/WIFI issues maybe that's why I don't have issues with MY MEATER!!!! I think there is a help group out there fer men that have issues with their MEATER!!!!!

· Bearded Brotula
17,292 Posts
The PFF is my help group.

Reactions: legoman97a
1 - 20 of 23 Posts