Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out to the island about 11 in the mroning on friday. Something was running the mullet and making them jump. So i decided to throw my new $11 top water lure out in front of them. I twitched it twice and a giant 40 lb Jack jumped right on it. of course i was using my lightest rod. Shimano Stradic 4000 with 15 lb test and a 25 pound leader. fought him for about 20 minutes he just wouldent keep running then he wrapped me around the no wake sign and was gone. then after dinner we went shark fishing and the only shark that was caught was by Cornflake and it was a 2 ft blacktip caught on ladyfish. thing was cute. Then later that night went out to the jetties with Cornflake and caught atleast 25 ladyfish went back to camp. came back out to the jettie at about 12 a.m and was fishing with some friends and my friend kaleigh got a 26 inch red. thing was a fatty. caught him on a cig. nothing was really biting this weekend. they were there, just not biting. we free dived the jettie and man were there fish everywhere. saw black snapper, flounder, grouper, and one spadefish that i swear was about 10 lbs it was giant and some sheepeshead. i guess they just arent venturing far from the rocks. Overall it was a very pretty weekend with some decent fish.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea. friday was nice. barley any1 was there, but then saturday it got crazy like always. so you could barley fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts