Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In town hunting with my dad through Monday...then I fly back home for a reality check that vacation is over aka work
My question, I know I will miss the rut- usually occurs couple weeks after MLK holiday (last week of January gets good) for our club....
If you were in my shoes, would you bust out the bleat can and estrous pee the next 5 days to see if you could bag a buck? We have lots or active scrapes and rubs in the areas that we are hunting. I hate I'm missing the rut, but that is life ha Help me guys, any wisdom is appreciated!

Trey

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pre rut

Yeah, I was thinking about it yesterday afternoon while being blown around in the tree stand! Several of the road/trails that I walked yesterday had deer tracks on top of tracks (running, walking, etc.)- I was thinking it was a good sign...might use the drag rag method going into the stand the next few days...

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
Yes !! ....

this is the time of year that i always carry my little NEF Handi chambered in 300BLK when i go into my club in Molino to put out bait or fill feeders. on many occasions i have entered my plots and seen a buck standing there looking around,or crossing my plots with his nose to the ground.

i have also seen both bucks and does on the move this time of year,traveling not only across the club roads,but down them. right now is also when you just might see two or more bucks together. not so in a couple of weeks.

get out and hunt. --- SAWMAN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts