Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
4,058 Posts
fisheye48 (1/4/2010)because i know i wont ever get a big yellowfin or marlin...bayboat wont make it that far:banghead
Where did you get that nice sword from then?! Must be like that April (fools) article in Marlin where they photographed free-jumping swordfish on the flats down in South Florida. Right place right time with the bay boat I reckon? haha

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
The Blue Hoo (1/4/2010)
fisheye48 (1/4/2010)because i know i wont ever get a big yellowfin or marlin...bayboat wont make it that far:banghead
Where did you get that nice sword from then?! Must be like that April (fools) article in Marlin where they photographed free-jumping swordfish on the flats down in South Florida. Right place right time with the bay boat I reckon? haha
The flats sword photo may have been fake (didn't see it) but in the past 5 years there have been 2 swords caught on the flats in the middle keys. One that was 65lbs and another that was well over 300lbs. You may have read the articles in Florida Sportsman or Sport Fishing.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
The Blue Hoo (1/4/2010)

just a little FYI matlock...that was the first time i had been offshore in ohhh 6 or 7 years

4,058 Posts
fisheye48 (1/4/2010)
The Blue Hoo (1/4/2010)
just a little FYI matlock...that was the first time i had been offshore in ohhh 6 or 7 years
Well that's still a feat most wont accomplish. Swords are badass

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Freespool (1/4/2010)Swords are awesome! But fishing for them is superrrrr easy

+1 i dont know very much about offshore fishing but i know sword fishing is easy! rig a squid then add a lightstick or a blinking light and a bigass weight and send it down when rod goes bump bump bump bust his ass! repeat as needed

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Death From Above (1/4/2010)
biggamefishr (1/3/2010)cobia, redfish, speck is a true panhandle slam

Why no flounder in the inshore panhandle slam? Set bar at 7lb.

you'd have to contact the IGFA and state of florida and ask them...i didn't make the list or come up with the species

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Death From Above (1/4/2010)
biggamefishr (1/3/2010)cobia, redfish, speck is a true panhandle slam
Why no flounder in the inshore panhandle slam? Set bar at 7lb.
DFA you being a flounder killer a 7lber is more likely for you than the other anglers but what are you going to do about the other 19?The way i look at it is if the fish is a trophy size it counts at the end of the year you put together all your 20 species with pics of each one we will compared do a honest poll at the end of the year, if there isn't an obvious winner we will decide among ourselves.

TIM

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I?m in. It?ll be fun to have something to shoot for at the end of the year.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts