Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
BloodyWaters (1/4/2010)I'm game. I was looking at that list, and could've scratched off 12 easy. It's very similar to Kayak Wars . Lets do this!
From your kayak? Im gonna have to call BS on that one!

I like this idea the only thing im wondering is how are we expected to catch yellowtails and muttons around here? I have been on the boat for one yellowtail and I dont think any muttons in this area

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
the hardest part is going to be the trophy part...but it looks like some of your weights are pretty easy/common to obtain. so theres hope still

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
First i have to say that it is cold out there right now working outside in this everyday makes me think why am i doing this but i remember it's so i have gas money for bills and fishing.Alright here it is there is no money no trophies just bragging rights . Also for the mutton and yellowtail question , this MASTER angler title has no boundries , say if you went to venice and caught a 100# wahoo because you caught it over there would'nt count . I think not if you go to the keys, costa rica, hawaii etc etc etc, If it is a trophy size fish it counts .Say when i make my trip to alaska [not sure when] if i catch a 100lb halibut it will definatly count for me. I think a 10lb largemouth bass would also count .

Also the list is not the list if you get my drift, I was just giving examples of what i would call a trophy. And for bumping yellowfin up to 150 pounds that would mean bumping eveything up like now would be a 60lb king 100lb wahoo 60 pound gag 10 lb speckled trout Etc etc. I think if you look at the fish you just caught and say wow thats a big fish for that species i think it would count, this is my 2 cents. There is no set rules for this it is just a competition within yourself trying to catch the biggest fish you can.hopefully this sheds a little more light on the thing . But i like where this is going ,every person trying to catch that trophy each time they go out.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I think this is a great idea! But I don't agree on the yellowfin thing an 80lber is nothing. I have way more confidence in catching a 150lb tuna than a 10lb speck or 60lb mackeral. I agree with just go catch the biggest fish you can! Cool idea Gene!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Freespool i am Tim i am recess my father Gene uses this name on ocassion but he is purple haze just to clear things up.

But i like the 150lber thing it definalty makes it more fun but i'm not from here and a 80-100 lb yellowfin comes up to the boat i'm super stoked i think it is a great fish in my book . but like i said i think it is all personal judgement on what is a trophy , it's like the saying "one mans trash is another man's treasure"a trophy can really only be determined by the person who caught it , plus this is just fun.

TIM

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The Blue Hoo (1/4/2010)
Freespool (1/4/2010)Also lets make yellowfin more interesting and make it 150.
Agreed. 80 pound yellowfin are a dime a dozen
Agreed also i'm going to erase all the weights right now but not all of us are throwing monster tuna over the rail everyday like you Woody .Did that bigeye record stand ? That thing was huge.

TIM

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Sounds like a great idea Tim and would be interested in joining in. Worthless .02 about to be displayed here but instead of putting a minimum weight in this thing just put species. A 10lb. dolphin to some might be the fish of a lifetime just as easy as a 150lb. yellowfin would be to others,like ya said one mans trash is another mans treasure(sorry ladies for not bein PC). Maybe I'm missing the point of the master angler thing but it would be fun to get together at the end of the year and share pics and fishing memories over a cold one. This might even get folks to fish behind there houses on the Bayou and catch a trout,redfish or whatever like me. Alls I'm sayin is keep it simple or it will and it will turn into a disaster like the PFF bluewater tourney thing that I started. Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
bonita dan (1/4/2010)Sounds like a great idea Tim and would be interested in joining in. Worthless .02 about to be displayed here but instead of putting a minimum weight in this thing just put species. A 10lb. dolphin to some might be the fish of a lifetime just as easy as a 150lb. yellowfin would be to others,like ya said one mans trash is another mans treasure(sorry ladies for not bein PC). Maybe I'm missing the point of the master angler thing but it would be fun to get together at the end of the year and share pics and fishing memories over a cold one. This might even get folks to fish behind there houses on the Bayou and catch a trout,redfish or whatever like me. Alls I'm sayin is keep it simple or it will and it will turn into a disaster like the PFF bluewater tourney thing that I started. Good luck man.
Dan couldn't have said it better myself .

TIM

4,058 Posts
bonita dan (1/4/2010)Sounds like a great idea Tim and would be interested in joining in. Worthless .02 about to be displayed here but instead of putting a minimum weight in this thing just put species.
That's because it's a MASTER angler, not an AVERAGE angler contest! :)

And for maybe a side pot, for the single anglers out there, see if you can take home one woman reflecting each of the following hair colors: red, brunette, blonde, black, GREY; extra points if from a PFF gathering!

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
I think it should have no boundries, compile your own list of fish, and pictures......then compare at the end of the year....I know someone who caught a caught a 250 lb Blue Marlin, (Cost Rica)on a 20lb class IGFA approved (tippet) fly rod, it nearly killed him, thats an Angler in my book!....If the alaska halibut would qualify so should the marlin........In my opinion, it should be judged by the ability required...not the luck...jmo

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Side pot Woody? Wouldn't that turn this into the same train wreck as the bluewater blitz? Save that for the dock so as not to derails Tims decent thread on here,just sayin. On a side note I could have beaten that at the last 3 meet-ups at the Oar House if better judgment hadn't got the best of me.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
<TABLE id=_ctl1_ctlViewTopics_ctlPanelBar_ctlForumTopics style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=9 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableCell_Light style="WIDTH: 42%" vAlign=center><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlViewTopics_ctlPanelBar_ctlForumTopics__ctl3_ctlEditableSubject>Master Angler
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlViewTopics_ctlPanelBar_ctlForumTopics__ctl3_ctlEditableDescription><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlViewTopics_ctlPanelBar_ctlForumTopics__ctl3_ctlEditableDescription_lblDescription>has anybody attempted it</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlViewTopics_ctlPanelBar_ctlForumTopics__ctl3_ctlTopicPaging>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=TableCell_Light style="WIDTH: 13%" noWrap align=middle>recess </TD><TD class=TableCell_Dark align=middle><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlViewTopics_ctlPanelBar_ctlForumTopics__ctl3_lblReplies>33 </TD><TD class=TableCell_Dark align=middle><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlViewTopics_ctlPanelBar_ctlForumTopics__ctl3_lblViews>683 </TD><TD class=TableCell_Dark align=left><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlViewTopics_ctlPanelBar_ctlForumTopics__ctl3_lblLastPostDate>Today @ 7:33:31 PM
Last Post By: bonita </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mmm the words "bonita" and "master angler" used in the same thread?:poke:letsdrink

just warmin up for the regatta

sounds like team recess is a ringer:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
2009 WAS A BANNER YEAR FOR ME ON RECESS...BUT IN 2010 LOOK OUT COBE KILLER GOTTA NEW GAME. I LIKE FIGHTING FISH AND THE BIGGER THE BETTER. I'M GONA KEEP A SCALE AND CAMERA WITHUS ON EVERY TRIP TO DOCUMENT THE CATCHES. I CAN ARDLY WAIT TO GET STARTED.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
i like the idea...but would like to see a inshore master angler and a offshore master angler...because i know i wont ever get a big yellowfin or marlin...bayboat wont make it that far:banghead

21 - 40 of 51 Posts