Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well long story short I took my son on his first deer hunt this past weekend. Mason, my son, has been after me to take him deerhunting for about a month now. This past weekend had a ole' college buddy call me to come check out his new house in Mississippi and hunt a little. So off to Mississippi I go with family in tow. First morning out we see a small 4 pt, to small to shoot on this land. Later on a small storm front moved through and right after it was through we were on stand. I never could have imagined how still a 4 yr old could be, except when we had to learn to pee in a coke bottle. Well a little more than a hour before daylight a nice nanny walks out. Mason ask are you gonna shoot it? So after a little positioning I get the inline lined up lefty and wham. Needless to say Mason was exstatic. About 30 mins later we see Grant coming with the bike about 500 yards off and Mason just starts yelling "WE GOT A DEER", at this point Grant had to stop the bike and catch his breath from laughing at Mason. I guess I have a new good luck charm. Next stop GA the first weekend Jan. We are looking for "BIG HORNS"on this hunt.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
you'll both remember that hunt for a lifetime. It will help him become responsible hunter in the future

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great job.... I remember when my son saw me take a deer for the first time....I have never seen him so excited. Thanks for bringing back a great memory for me! :clap....OUTSTANDING

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just hung a two-man ladder stand for my daughter and I today. She's going to be six on the 23rd, and I'd love to be able to share the same experience with her next weekend.

4,058 Posts
what is "the bike?"

yall should come up to my place at some point this season. maybe let little man pull the trigger if you think he's ready?

good job on the doe. kill em' all!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the invite Woody. The bike aka 4 wheeler. He just turned 4 so he is a little while from pulling the trigger. I am taking him to Ga in Jan, so we will see after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts