Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,811 Posts
Friend of mine sent this to me this morning and I ask him if I could post it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on a jig. Once in a lifetime for sure.
Congratulations.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Friend of mine sent this to me this morning and I ask him if I could post it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on a jig. Once in a lifetime for sure.
Congratulations.
Thanks, Yea i sent it to Chris but it was such a big file i figured id up load it to you tube. Hes been bragging on your fishing skills. I have to qualify this as I did not catch it my 14 year old that is the size of a grown man did right as i proceeded to tell him he was not deep enough. Maybe 100' down in 270' of water. Need less to say I'm letting him do it his way from now on.

·
Premium Member
9,811 Posts
Thanks, Yea i sent it to Chris but it was such a big file i figured id up load it to you tube. Hes been bragging on your fishing skills. I have to qualify this as I did not catch it my 14 year old that is the size of a grown man did right as i proceeded to tell him he was not deep enough. Maybe 100' down in 270' of water. Need less to say I'm letting him do it his way from now on.
I’ve jigged a lot of different fish in the boat but never a Marlin. That’s just crazy.

Always loved fishing the edge. It has got to be one of the most productive spots in the gulf. Despite all the boats on it. One of my favorite times was always fishing it in the fall for blackfin. We would scale down to 20lb tackle and catch em chunking like you do for big tuna. With the light drag and light line they would burn a drag down. Good times!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve jigged a lot of different fish in the boat but never a Marlin. That’s just crazy.

Always loved fishing the edge. It has got to be one of the most productive spots in the gulf. Despite all the boats on it. One of my favorite times was always fishing it in the fall for blackfin. We would scale down to 20lb tackle and catch em chunking like you do for big tuna. With the light drag and light line they would burn a drag down. Good times!!
We have had good days and bad but at least your not fighting every body and their brother over the pyramids. I burn more fuel close to shore trying to find a public spot not occupied than running 60 miles south to the rigs. That's my favorite place.

·
Super Moderator
28,496 Posts
Purty awesome experience....Those bad boys lit up are fantastic to see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts