Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a marine toilet. Electric with macerator. Anyone in the area sell them besides West Marine? Thanks

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
The last one I bought, I got it on line and saved a buncha $
installed myself.
sorry can’t remember the brand, and I’ve sold that boat.
done with the big money pits.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the reply. It looks like your example is what I am finding. On line is cheaper but would like to give business to locals, but am finding the cost difference significant. Not sure the ability for easy return is worth the difference in cost. Haven't found any other place that sells them other than West Marine. So my search.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
If you know a marine mechanic or marina owner that has an account at a local Marine Supply house, you can get one through them. There are many many suppliers between Mobile and Panama City.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I can use fresh water supply to the existing old vaccuflush (1988 vintage) so going with a fresh water supply, built in macerator type toilet and drop it to existing holding tank. No chance of rebuilding the vaccuflush, needs new vac tank, pump, toilet seals etc. so will go new something like Dometic 7100 seaies, Jabasco Angled Fresh water flush, Raritan SeaERA Electric, or ???. Need to find most reliable and price combination that works.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the old toilet out of built in framework. Looks like might be able to use the big hole, boxed in structure of the Trojan 10 meter boat to put new Jabasco or Raritan sea era model back in. Fiberglass a floor structure and set it in. Will have to check measurements. I will get a picture.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the old toilet out of built in framework. Looks like might be able to use the big hole, boxed in structure of the Trojan 10 meter boat to put new Jabasco or Raritan sea era model back in. Fiberglass a floor structure and set it in. Will have to check measurements. I will get a picture.
Want to go with Raritan sea era, but finding one is a challenge. I know I want marine bowel, 12V, fresh water, Multifunction momentary switch, 90 degree out, but West Marine needed the exact part number for such a toilet. I haven't been able to find that and West Marine too busy. And they said they aren't doing any orders as well. Tried Harbor View and good try by the young lady there but three catalogues and not able to pin it down. Can anyone recommend another place in town to try for the toilet. 2nd choice is the Dometic 2722 which will be my fall back. Haven't checked availability around PNS for that one. Suggestions welcomed. Want that type vice full enclosed bottom because might be able to set it in the existing fiberglass cavity on the Trojan 10 meter from where took out the old toilet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Want to go with Raritan sea era, but finding one is a challenge. I know I want marine bowel, 12V, fresh water, Multifunction momentary switch, 90 degree out, but West Marine needed the exact part number for such a toilet. I haven't been able to find that and West Marine too busy. And they said they aren't doing any orders as well. Tried Harbor View and good try by the young lady there but three catalogues and not able to pin it down. Can anyone recommend another place in town to try for the toilet. 2nd choice is the Dometic 7220 which will be my fall back. Haven't checked availability around PNS for that one. Suggestions welcomed. Want that type vice full enclosed bottom because might be able to set it in the existing fiberglass cavity on the Trojan 10 meter from where took out the old toilet.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Want to go with Raritan sea era, but finding one is a challenge. I know I want marine bowel, 12V, fresh water, Multifunction momentary switch, 90 degree out, but West Marine needed the exact part number for such a toilet. I haven't been able to find that and West Marine too busy. And they said they aren't doing any orders as well. Tried Harbor View and good try by the young lady there but three catalogues and not able to pin it down. Can anyone recommend another place in town to try for the toilet. 2nd choice is the Dometic 2722 which will be my fall back. Haven't checked availability around PNS for that one. Suggestions welcomed. Want that type vice full enclosed bottom because might be able to set it in the existing fiberglass cavity on the Trojan 10 meter from where took out the old toilet.
Had to change dometic number. at 86 years young memory gets the numbers wrong sometimes. LOL

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I got it. 7220 Dometic. I note it let me change it in the original post when I replied. But not in the quote. Hmmm

·
Registered
13,622 Posts
This is off subject, but as I read your post it brought back a memory from years ago, so I ask: Did you have a wife that competed in a contest where she did a video on "I Kissed a Girl" and was in a contest to try and win? And you had asked us to vote for her?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is off subject, but as I read your post it brought back a memory from years ago, so I ask: Did you have a wife that competed in a contest where she did a video on "I Kissed a Girl" and was in a contest to try and win? And you had asked us to vote for her?
Nope, not me. Not my sweetie either.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, can close out the toilet subject. Finally found a Raritan Sea Era QC in Defender's link. Will ship tomorrow. Dometic had shut down for virus, so all 5 local dealers in the area (Destin to Mobile) had nothing. Jabasco was third option but understand they are not a Chinese firm and their reviews weren't the best, so paid the price and went with Raritan. Needed something before Snapper season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts