Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 key west 186 with a 115 etec. The boat was a bank repo and was basically stripped. What I am looking for is someone to install a minn kota riptide trolling motor, cd player w/ speakers, check all the wiring to ensure everything was done correctly, and basically just get me set up to go fishing without MANY worries (never going to have no worries fishing!). I am located in Crestview but for the right deal could bring it over to Pensacola or destin. Looking for reasonable prices. I want it done right and whoever does would be the person to up keep if possible. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you have the time do a lil research and do it yourself.

You'll thank yourself when something goes wrong out on the water, and it's pretty reassuring to know when it does you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to do it with someone and learn. Its just over my head. All the eiring for everything is already plumbed (boat was obviously rigged before turned into bank) i just want to make sure everything is done RIGHT.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
IF you need someone to show you what has to be done and don't mind doing the work, I would be glad to show you. Not a Licienced marine electrican but I was a electrican in the navy and have done wiring on my boats. This is not hard Will be out of town for a couple of days but will be back on tuesday/wednesday next week ed 857 1039

·
Registered
716 Posts
Give Dave Disher of Davlor Marine a call. He is mobile and does electrical work as well. (850)777-7303. He just did some carb work on my outboard and was excellent and may have him do the wiring on my sailboat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts